JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just thought i'd pop in and introduce myself...

Im a native PNWer and lifelong gun enthusiast, so I have no idea why it took me so long to join but here I am. This seems like a great community! I have a deep passion for history and my main shooting and collecting interest is in military surplus, especially from the World War era, as well as early cartridge firearms, Blackpowder and pre-64 Winchester. Im forever on the hunt for an original low serial # M1 Garand and Artillery Luger. Dont get me wrong I enjoy the "black rifles" as well. I like anything that goes bang really.

I glean from other profiles that im probably a bit younger than the average user here. While im finally in a position to buy some of the guns ive wanted since I was a kid, its ironically the worst time being that Milsurp has absolutely skyrocketed in price, and the wave of anti-gun bills has taken my rights away before I really had a chance to use them. But a forever optimist im here to fight the good fight, and I suppose that mightve been the final push to join the forum!

Happy to be here, thanks for having me.

You're a lot younger than me but don't let that bother you any.
I'll only be around for a couple decades to make your life miserable.
Unless I haunt you.

Welcome and beware of the curmudgeons. You might learn something. ;)

1684780361518.png

Aloha, Mark

While im finally in a position to buy some of the guns ive wanted since I was a kid, its ironically the worst time being that Milsurp has absolutely skyrocketed in price, and the wave of anti-gun bills has taken my rights away before I really had a chance to use them.
The days when you could buy K98s out of a barrel for $40 ea. are long since over, but sometimes people here will downsize their milsurp collection(s) and you can pick up really clean milsurp guns for 20-25% less than online. It helps to befriend other collectors and let them know what you are interest is.

I'm also a big history buff. I'm currently working through Cajus Bekker's excellent history of the WWII Luftwaffe (translated from German) and before that a book on Monte Cassino.

Welcome aboard!

The days when you could buy K98s out of a barrel for $40 ea. are long since over, but sometimes people here will downsize their milsurp collection(s) and you can pick up really clean milsurp guns for 20-25% less than online. It helps to befriend other collectors and let them know what you are interest is.

I'm also a big history buff. I'm currently working through Cajus Bekker's excellent history of the WWII Luftwaffe (translated from German) and before that a book on Monte Cassino.

Welcome aboard!
Reading stuff like that puts a lump in my throat. I cant hardly believe those prices older guys talk about, its just insane to me. Same goes for ammo too! "Born too early to explore Mars, born too late to experience affordable firearms"
Anyway thats kindve what I was hoping for by joining, make some collector friends and find pieces ive always wanted in the process. I might be reading too far into it but some guys might feel better about selling their collectibles to someone who is also into history VS. a greedy flipper, pawnshop or estate auction.

And I will have to add that one to my list. Monte Cassino is fascinating. My Grandpa has an extensive military book collection and I recently borrowed one called 'The 1,000 Mile War' about the Aleutian Island campaign in WWII, which I find fascinating and ripe for a movie adaptation. Mother nature was as much the enemy as the Japanese. Seeing the abandoned midget submarines is on my bucket list...
Thank you! ~J

Welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is!

Somewhat of a WWII history buff myself... mostly just the ETO, though, having grown up in Europe and seeing some of war's "leftovers" first-hand...

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top