JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody!
I discovered this forum a few months ago when researching conditions at a local outdoor shooting spot. Been checking it regularly, and sunday I realized I should just sign up, so hey!

I'm somewhat new to the firearms hobby/interest, but have been studying firearm history, operation, function, applications, technique and tons of other related subjects obsessively.

Thanks for having me, guys!

-jack

Welcome. Do you own a firearm yet? and if yes what flavor. There is a ton of info out there to study. I am learning as much as possible as quickly as possible also I took 20 years to make it back to firearms but I am hooked again.

Hey

I currently own a few small firearms.
I became really interested in the hobby after a friend showed me a Lorcin .22L semi-auto he acquired. He showed me a host of other guns as well, most of which are well made machines (I now understand that 22L is difficult if possible to find, and Lorcin is not a highly reputable make), but the little 22 auto spoke to me. I was excited to learn that 22LR is readily available and inexpensive, especially when compared to just about any other caliber.
I started researching the 22LR cartridge and learned about its disadvantages. However, for my application, the disadvantages were nearly moot, as I was looking for an in-expensive, recreational target gun.
A friend let me borrow an older Ruger 10/22, and a Beretta Minx chambered in .22 short. I really enjoyed both guns, but soon learned that the Minx had not been made for some years. So I went down to the local Bi-Mart and picked up a new 10/22.
I must have put nearly 8,000+ rounds through it over the last six months.

Towards the end of 2011, I went to the local gun show and saw a pistol I really liked. It was a Colt/Umarex 1911, chambered in .22LR. I've always preferred the 1911 ergonomics to other pistols; everything seems to be in just the right places, plus they looks super cool. It took a few months to save up the dough to pick one up, but eventually, I was able to take a nice new Colt/Umarex 1911 home. It shoots like a dream and isn't picky when it comes to ammunition.

For Christmas, my sweetheart surprised me with the Minx's contemporary replacement: the Beretta 21A Bobcat. That is a picky little gun, but with quality .22LR, it performs flawlessly and is as accurate as the hand holding it.

So, if its not obvious already, I really like .22LR. Mostly because its cheap. I can shoot for a few hours and only spend $40, unlike my sweetheart's .38 Special.

I am presently looking into another .22LR rifle so I have a rifle to spare when friends come to town and want to go shooting. The top of the heap right now is the Marlin XT-22T (I want a bolt-action, and I like the ability to shoot 22 short, long and LR).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top