JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody!
I discovered this forum a few months ago when researching conditions at a local outdoor shooting spot. Been checking it regularly, and sunday I realized I should just sign up, so hey!

I'm somewhat new to the firearms hobby/interest, but have been studying firearm history, operation, function, applications, technique and tons of other related subjects obsessively.

Thanks for having me, guys!

-jack

Welcome. Do you own a firearm yet? and if yes what flavor. There is a ton of info out there to study. I am learning as much as possible as quickly as possible also I took 20 years to make it back to firearms but I am hooked again.

Hey

I currently own a few small firearms.
I became really interested in the hobby after a friend showed me a Lorcin .22L semi-auto he acquired. He showed me a host of other guns as well, most of which are well made machines (I now understand that 22L is difficult if possible to find, and Lorcin is not a highly reputable make), but the little 22 auto spoke to me. I was excited to learn that 22LR is readily available and inexpensive, especially when compared to just about any other caliber.
I started researching the 22LR cartridge and learned about its disadvantages. However, for my application, the disadvantages were nearly moot, as I was looking for an in-expensive, recreational target gun.
A friend let me borrow an older Ruger 10/22, and a Beretta Minx chambered in .22 short. I really enjoyed both guns, but soon learned that the Minx had not been made for some years. So I went down to the local Bi-Mart and picked up a new 10/22.
I must have put nearly 8,000+ rounds through it over the last six months.

Towards the end of 2011, I went to the local gun show and saw a pistol I really liked. It was a Colt/Umarex 1911, chambered in .22LR. I've always preferred the 1911 ergonomics to other pistols; everything seems to be in just the right places, plus they looks super cool. It took a few months to save up the dough to pick one up, but eventually, I was able to take a nice new Colt/Umarex 1911 home. It shoots like a dream and isn't picky when it comes to ammunition.

For Christmas, my sweetheart surprised me with the Minx's contemporary replacement: the Beretta 21A Bobcat. That is a picky little gun, but with quality .22LR, it performs flawlessly and is as accurate as the hand holding it.

So, if its not obvious already, I really like .22LR. Mostly because its cheap. I can shoot for a few hours and only spend $40, unlike my sweetheart's .38 Special.

I am presently looking into another .22LR rifle so I have a rifle to spare when friends come to town and want to go shooting. The top of the heap right now is the Marlin XT-22T (I want a bolt-action, and I like the ability to shoot 22 short, long and LR).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top