JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently purchased a PSA GF3 R AK 47 from a seller in AZ. I took it up to the woods yesterday and ran about 100 rounds thru it. It functioned perfectly and the previous owner had done a very good job of sighting it in for 25 to 50 yards. These guns are guaranteed by PSA to have 4 numbered parts, this one has 7 # matching parts. Front trunnion, rear sight, both front wood hand guards, bolt and carrier and dust cover. Of course the receiver and barrel are PSA (USA) products, but other than that, it seems numbers matching. That and the way it shoots makes me think I got a pretty good AK. I have others but don't shoot them much.

In shooting this AK, I noticed a 3 inch flame coming out of the barrel with each shot. I was using my reloads I developed for my AR 47, 16" barrel. Out of that gun there's no noticeable flame. Brass lands at about 3:00 to 3:30 on the ground about 15 or so feet away. AA 1680 powder, 123 gr. bullet, .310 dia. Should I go back to the drawing board and find a load that doesn't light up the night? Or just leave well enough alone. Gun has a standard slant muzzle devise on it. Flame thrower was not as bad with RL 7 power in Berdan primed cases. Thoughts?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top