Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Thompson Machine Silencer

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by wired, Apr 17, 2010.

1. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

On GSG-5P that is now an official rifle. Core comes out the front for cleaning and the tube stays welded to the barrel so barrel length is 16 1/4"

89589857.jpg

49232314.jpg

2. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Interesting. I like the idea of detachable suppressors (to use on multiple hosts), but I guess if you can basically get a suppressed "SBR" for just one tax stamp, that's pretty cool. Specially since you can't have SBR's in Washington, as I understand. What's the price? Did it come as a replacement barrel or do you have to send your barrel in to be modified?

3. wired

I machined the barrel to fit the gemtech adapter. It has to be turned down a bit in front and cut back to the level of the front sight. Not exactly a drop in deal but it was 10 minutes on the lathe at the most. I bought this one specifically for the GSG as I have other .22 muzzle cans. Good thing abouth the thompson can is the core comes out the front and I can shoot it at Washington ranges without being nervous. Then when I go out in the woods to commit misdemeanors I can screw the core back in.

I paid the princely sum of $150 for it.

dsc03822r.jpg

4. cyclesarge

I wondered about that, if you could change it to a "legal to use in Washington" configuration.

You mean, when you come to Oregon, you can screw the core back in, right?

5. wired

Nope. That's not what I meant.:)

6. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

That's a great idea - I'm thinking of doing something similar for a PS90.

If you remove the core, it's just a 'fake silencer' then right? It's still over 16 inches and hence not an SBR.

7. wired

Fake silencer, barrel extension , whatever. Its not a silencer without the core according to the WA state regs. Still 16"

If SIG ever puts out their 522 pistol I'll pick up another and make it a rifle.

8. cyclesarge

Why wait? Couldn't you do the same thing with the rifle? Just cut and permanently attach the outer part of the suppressor.

9. wired

Different front end furniture and barrel profile.