JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wow what a stash! What do you think a crate of these are worth? Lend lease after WW 2. Time to come home.
1696178737747.png

And all you have to do to get your hands on one is go to the Ukraine and sign up to shoot Russians.
Actually, no. You'd have to go to Russia, and sign up to help the Russian genocide. It's Wagner who is showing these off, not Ukrainians.

Frankly I'm down for gunning down Russians in Ukraine. It's called "justice."

A much, much larger small arms cash exists in Transnistria, a Russian post-Soviet stooge state between Moldova and Ukraine. Cobasna Arsenal. It holds stuff going back all the way to the middle of WWII and forward. It's been basically untouched since the early 90s, locked in a political stalemate. The stuff in there is much larger and untouched than anything else. It will be interesting to see what's in there when Moldova takes it back.

Even if they could be imported into the US you probably could not buy one. If they
were not on the NFA registry before the '86 Hughes amendment to the FOPA they
can not be sold to regular citizens. That little piece of voice vote passed excrement
is why $1,000 full auto guns are now $25,000.

^^^Man, I would love to have one of those. They are expensive and hard to find.
The 1927A1? Not so expensive ($2,200 plus tax in 2017), and Kahr Arms makes them to order.

If you mean the M1A1, then that's a whole other matter...

Last Edited:
Nice! But the 1928AC is more my bag, the classic Chicago Typewriter with a more leisurely and controlled rate of fire.
Which variant is that? I'm looking in my Kahr Arms catalog and I don't see a 1928 "AC" model... unless you're talking about the 1927A1 Commando model... 🤨

As I understand it, the1927s are all semi-auto (for the civilian market), while the 1928s are select fire.

So what?

The Thompsons won't be coming back to America and even if they did, they will never be sold to us mere mortals.

Well......more correctly......

"Don't hold your breath."

Aloha, Mark
PS.....
Don't get me wrong OP. I thank you, for the walk through this bit of "history".

Last Edited:
The 1927A1? Not so expensive ($2,200 plus tax in 2017), and Kahr Arms makes them to order.

If you mean the M1A1, then that's a whole other matter...
I wanted the M1SB, but $2200 is a chunk of change.

I guess I still remember when $1400 got you a very nice rifle. Way back when in olden times. Like 4 years ago.

Out of curiosity, how do they run? Time was I was very tempted by their SBR Thompson line, but their M1 Carbine offering was one of the biggest POS I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, and that drove me away. (In fairness, every other commercial M1 Carbine I've had experience was some degree of crap, but the AO was simply beyond atrocious. Went original M1/M2 and never went back.)

Anywho, just curious. Thanks. :)

I wanted the M1SB, but $2200 is a chunk of change.

I guess I still remember when $1400 got you a very nice rifle. Way back when in olden times. Like 4 years ago.
I see... You were after this one, right?

Thompson_M1SB.jpg

I, too, was also looking at that one when I was shopping for the T1BSB that I got. But, I went with the earlier model, the one that our boys originally left for Europe with. The M1 and M1A1, with the triangular sight guards, charging handle on the right side, and no Cutts compensator or cooling fins, arrived later in the war. I wanted to go with the "vintage" look. Hence, why I bought the M1927A1 that I pictured a few posts above...

Last Edited:
Five more holes?
Not like you're gonna make a target half again as dead,LOL
Which variant is that? I'm looking in my Kahr Arms catalog and I don't see a 1928 "AC" model... unless you're talking about the 1927A1 Commando model... 🤨

As I understand it, the1927s are all semi-auto (for the civilian market), while the 1928s are select fire.
Vintage full-auto, the first ones were 1921's remanufactured with slower Blish lockwork.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews