Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New Shooter to the Gresham Area

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by jojobinks, Sep 10, 2012.

1. jojobinks

jojobinks Gresham OR New Member

My father just passed on to me my childhood .22's and now I want to make some memroies with my own son. Looking for a non range that I can take my boy out for the day and kill some cans. Yes I will pick-up all my mess. I understand that I will have to drive for a bit but the closer the better. I like to go out a few times a week. Any help ...

2. shredjesse

shredjesse Vantuckey Active Member

There's a thread I started on Mt. Hood shooting areas. I imagine that might be the closest place for you.

3. shredjesse

shredjesse Vantuckey Active Member

Here's a link even:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/outdoor-shooting-areas/97868-mt-hood-shooting-areas.html

My favorite (although I need to do a cleanup trip) is the Sand Lot shooting spot down along the power lines. Easy drive in if you've got a truck, good distance to practice with handguns and basic rifles (stops at 80 or so yards realistically). Everything else is hike in or only good for shooting trap. If you want a tour guide sometime let me know. I live up here and can gladly show you where to shoot. Plus I have a few fun .22's myself that I don't mind sharing!

4. jojobinks

jojobinks Gresham OR New Member

Very cool Thank you. I just may take you up on that.