JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys what's up! I new to the forums and semi new to firearms as well. I bought my first one about a year ago and since have acquired 7 more. I'm looking to make some new friends and find some like minded buddies to go train and plink with around the Portland area.

Hey guys what's up! I new to the forums and semi new to firearms as well. I bought my first one about a year ago and since have acquired 7 more. I'm looking to make some new friends and find some like minded buddies to go train and plink with around the Portland area.
Welcome aboard!

This is a great place to discuss all things firearms and get to know like minded folks.

If your interested in meeting up with a bunch of like minded folks, keep an eye out for Trash No Land events.

Next one is the 25th of this month.

We host a clean up on a known shooting location in the forests of the area, have a bbq, raffles, and a shoot out after.

You keep buying 8 guns per year you'll make plenty of new friends. One thing gun-lovers love is other gun-lovers guns.

Welcome to NWFA.

What is your area(s) of interest? Pistols, bolt action precision, ARs, hunting rigs, etc?

Right now my main interests are my AR and Glock but I've been looking to get into bolt action procision shooting just don't know where to start
It depends ... completion, learning, or for fun. Competition for precision has a lot of various classes that you'd build for. For fun, and learning, I wish I'd have spend 250 to 350 on a savage 12FV and a nice used 36 power scope. I'm just learning about pistols and ars I think I like 1911 style pistols because I hear they're accurate but I also want to own a Glock one day.

It depends ... completion, learning, or for fun. Competition for precision has a lot of various classes that you'd build for. For fun, and learning, I wish I'd have spend 250 to 350 on a savage 12FV and a nice used 36 power scope. I'm just learning about pistols and ars I think I like 1911 style pistols because I hear they're accurate but I also want to own a Glock one day.
Yea right now it would mainly be for fun and to learn the basics of precision shooting. I'd love to eventually get into competiton with all my guns

earn the basics of precision shooting.

Fundamentals - watch / read / practice, ... breathing, body position in prone, trigger control.

lots of stuff on youtube and good books to read. if i were to start a new shooter that wanted to learn long range, I think would get a nice bolt 22, or 17hmr. (savage pretty good and cheap) those two calibers are cheap to get lots of rounds down range. shoot slow, and try to be consistent. the same fundamentals apply when shooting larger and longer distances.

depending on if your wealthy or not... you might wanna think about reloading.

Yea right now it would mainly be for fun and to learn the basics of precision shooting. I'd love to eventually get into competiton with all my guns
Some of the guys here shoot a 600 yard match not too far away quite regularly. I've been once and would love to go regularly once I get my gun built up with proper loads as well. There are definatly some lower cost paths to accuracy and some that can be scalable to build as you go. Also Bench Rest people/guns are another animal, totally different everything almost. My vote for cheapest yet most accurate is a savage fv on sale at cabelas. Lots of good reviews on the rugar American rifles but the barrels are just too short for me.

Welcome. Sort the advice carefully. Plenty of Chevy, Ford, Dodge options in the firearms world. Listen, learn, and go do. Nothing will beat experience. Be safe and enjoy the sport.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top