JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They ask for your ID and hold it until you are done and the gun is back in the cabinet.

According to the clerk apparently someone in Portland was in an LGS looking at a gun and hauled azz out the door with it so they have now implemented this procedure.

I think there was a thread confirming such a similar situation in regards to why a few stores stopped selling handguns.
I'd rather hand over an ID then they stop selling anyway.

Not sure I would do it differently. Mayberry is long gone. Lots of dirt bags out there. Just as soon as Oregon does a California with the shoplifting prosecuting minimum everything will go to hell fast here.

If that's what BiMart feels necessary to keep selling guns then so be it. I am not offended.

BTW Wasn't it a BiMart in the Portland area that had the runner?

Completely understandable that BiMart had to begin asking to hold the I.D.'s or customers before they hand over a firearm to them.

My guy at the Woodstock BiMart told me that it's only BiMart's in the Portland Metro area who no longer sell handguns.

I know that the Oregon City BiMart sells handguns becuase I recently picked one up at a lower price than Northwest, Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor, and a couple of other shops around Portland.

Completely understandable that BiMart had to begin asking to hold the I.D.'s or customers before they hand over a firearm to them.

My guy at the Woodstock BiMart told me that it's only BiMart's in the Portland Metro area who no longer sell handguns.

I know that the Oregon City BiMart sells handguns becuase I recently picked one up at a lower price than Northwest, Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor, and a couple of other shops around Portland.
BiMart has always had the best prices for ammo and guns. Love my BiMart!.

Ehhh...I just hand 'em my fake ID....:eek: :D
Just kidding...
About 35 years ago as I arrived at the local Honda bike shop a fella on a bike zoomed out of the parking lot and almost hit my truck. I thought that was a dangerous action. I parked and as I entered the store a salesman carrying a helmet was walking towards the door. He had planned to accompany the bike rider that had just quickly departed. He had made a copy of the rider's fake/stolen drivers license. The bike rider had about a 2 minute head start and was not going to be caught the that day. :p As I recall he was shorter than you. :D

^^ The wayward 19 y.o. stepson of an business acquaintance went to a used car dealership to take a test drive. (The salesman went with him.)

Lesson learned: Stealing a car will get you probation. (according the the District Attorney)

But stealing a car with the salesman in the car adds a Kidnapping charge and that will get you 130 months in the Oregon State Penitentiary. (Even if it was your first offense.)

I'm thinking the kid wasn't college bound anyway. :(

As long as they secured it in the cash drawer or some other, didn't try to make a photocopy of it or leave it laying out, I don't have any problem with them trying to protect themselves.

Identity theft what it is these days I have concerns about someone walking by, snapping a photo of my ID or a wayward employee using/selling my info.

Any time your ID is out of your own control it raises some amount of concern.

Certainly can't fault them for making whatever changes they feel appropriate to counter alreay known issues. I would hate to see them discontue their sales of firearms and/or ammo, so... I'm willing to make reasonable concessions.

I know it was not long ago someone had one of these, and IIRC an employee got caned for chasing one of these scum down when they did this??
Aceh-caning-2014.png

Caned?!?

Indonesian justice is here?

Just kidding. I know what you meant.

It's just a CYA thing. They can make sure you're 18/21 and a resident of whatever states they can sell to. Yes, fake IDs are a thing just like fake merchandise. If I were going to fill out a 4473, I'd have to give it to them anyway and I usually only check out a gun I wanted to buy already

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top