JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just reading the newspaper this morning (people do that!?!?:eek::eek::eek:) and noticed that there was a list of stuff changing in 2017. On the list was new poaching charges. Now if you are convicted of poaching 3 times in the past 10 years, a judge can confiscate your boat, guns, and anything else used to commit the crime. Am I the only person who thinks that 3 times is 2 times too many? Why wait?

Like to the oregon live list: From sky lanterns to pot, here's how Oregon's new laws could affect you in 2017

I totally agree with 3 times is 2 too many. But I think poaching should be defined a little more. The fishing regulations for instance in the ocean changed Daily and a friend of mine got caught on the dock with a fish that was open season yesterday and not today. Consequently he got a "poaching" fine. He is a law abiding citizen who never pushes the issue, thought he did his due diligence but he obviously was in the wrong. Things happen, honest people think they are in the right but sometimes are not.

I live on marcola rd in Springfield and have for 4 years. We have a couple of nice elk herds that cross by my house weekly, sometimes Daily. People always stop and take pictures, but 2-3 times a year people think they can bag a bull in June from their car. I think these people that have blatant disregard for life should be locked up and not get 3 strikes.

I totally agree with 3 times is 2 too many. But I think poaching should be defined a little more. The fishing regulations for instance in the ocean changed Daily and a friend of mine got caught on the dock with a fish that was open season yesterday and not today. Consequently he got a "poaching" fine. He is a law abiding citizen who never pushes the issue, thought he did his due diligence but he obviously was in the wrong. Things happen, honest people think they are in the right but sometimes are not.

I live on marcola rd in Springfield and have for 4 years. We have a couple of nice elk herds that cross by my house weekly, sometimes Daily. People always stop and take pictures, but 2-3 times a year people think they can bag a bull in June from their car. I think these people that have blatant disregard for life should be locked up and not get 3 strikes.
That's where I think the officers should decide to fine someone based on the scenario. I wouldn't fine someone for something like that but killing game 3 or 4 days out of season maybe because by then people can update themselves on the regulations.

"I am the Law...":eek:

Don't give cops the option of deciding what is and isn't kosher, half of them don't know what the laws are anyway much less giving them the leeway to decide if you broke it or not.:rolleyes: Not the same as you broke the law but they are being nice and letting you off with a warning.

Just my 2¢.

"I am the Law...":eek:

Don't give cops the option of deciding what is and isn't kosher, half of them don't know what the laws are anyway much less giving them the leeway to decide if you broke it or not.:rolleyes: Not the same as you broke the law but they are being nice and letting you off with a warning.

Just my 2¢.
Hey, 2 cents adds up. Wardens should have good decision making be part of their training.

Just like DUI laws. Or illegals jumping the border.

Just keep releasing the fish to be caught again, and again, and again.

Here's how we compete with china for manufacturing jobs.
Create huuuuge convict, repeat offender, and unable rehabible people that will never give back to society and force them into labor in giant labor communities.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top