JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't want it. I respect states rights to decide how they give out their own state permits. Some states like our own are at the discretion of law enforcement which I also support. States should have the right to decide which states best fit their own standards, and not be forced by big government to accept any and all permits from another state. But then again if you like big government telling your state what to do it might appeal to you. Might seem like a no brainer to let congress pass such a law, but really you're just giving them more power over how your state regulates firearms. Never a good thing in my opinion.

Sorry, disagree. I don't see it as a states rights issue. In my mind 2A rights include right to carry, therefore under the constitution states don't have precedence over constitutional rights. IMO everybody should be allowed the method of carry that they wish without the need for the governments permission. Talk about big government. Just because some folks are afraid, does not mean that others don't get to exercise their rights. As a libertarian ideology, I say keep yer mitts off my right to carry!

Maybe I move to Idaho...

Sorry, disagree. I don't see it as a states rights issue. In my mind 2A rights include right to carry, therefore under the constitution states don't have precedence over constitutional rights. IMO everybody should be allowed the method of carry that they wish without the need for the governments permission. Talk about big government. Just because some folks are afraid, does not mean that others don't get to exercise their rights. As a libertarian ideology, I say keep yer mitts off my right to carry!

Maybe I move to Idaho...

The constitution is a governmental document literally giving you permission to own and carry guns.

States rights is a constitutional issue, period. There's no argument that can refute that. It's literally in the words of the Amendment.

Democracy works best on the small scale within the community such as a state where those actually living there get to decide how those coming in get to benefit. Oregon doesn't owe Georgia the right to conceal carry.

If you like big government making big choices for you, by all means support that avenue, but in the end the benefits only last when that power support something you support, they can just as easily use same power to squash your other rights.

It is very much a states rights issue.

Last Edited:
This is, literally, the best news since sliced bread.. Technically, it looks like it will obviate any cockamamie BS that might be rammed through the 2019 legislature by the Libtards!!

:s0014:

This is, literally, the best news since sliced bread.. Technically, it looks like it will obviate any cockamamie BS that might be rammed through the 2019 legislature by the Libtards!!

:s0014:

It's a small step in a long journey. Don't celebrate just yet. At best a quarter of this will get to ballot, and unlikely to pass at all.

It is a Human Rights issue!! It is no 2 on the Bill of Rights!!

No, it's a state issue. As clearly stated in the wording.

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free STATE, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

If it was a human right it apply to the world.

Firearms Protection Ballot Measure FIled. - Oregon Firearms Federation

A
very carefully crafted ballot measure to protect firearms and firearms' owners has been filed for 2020.

1991--300x209.jpg Called "The Common Firearms Act" it is the product of a careful reading of previous firearms court decisions. You can read the measure here.

The language of the measure was created to diffuse as many of the expected attacks as possible, help get the best ballot title and increase chances of passage.

The measure is a Constitutional Amendment designed to help thwart the kinds of hateful attacks we saw with the now defeated Measures 43 and 44.

Please stay tuned for updates on what you can do to insure it gets on the ballot and wins.

The wording of section 3(g) concerns me. i.e. - "(g) those who carry or use firearms in public". I assume the intent is to call out those who illegally carry or use firearms in public...?

The wording as-is would include any of us who conceal carry (carry firearms in public), wouldn't it? Thereby leaving the door open for an outright ban on carrying in all public spaces, permit or no.

Feel free to set me straight if I'm misreading or being overly paranoid.

Remember a state is the last line of democratic freedom in this country. It has been a key aspect of freedom in this country that states keep a certain amount of autonomous freedom free from federal control and influence. From the very beginning of our great nation our founding fathers knew that state autonomy is key to a free nation.

The constitution is a governmental document literally giving you permission to own and carry guns.

States rights is a constitutional issue, period. There's no argument that can refute that.

Democracy works best on the small scale within the community such as a state where those actually living there get to decide how those coming in get to benefit. Oregon doesn't owe Georgia the right to conceal carry.

If you like big government making big choices for you, by all means support that avenue, but in the end the benefits only last when that power support something you support, they can just as easily use same power to squash your other rights.

It is very much a states rights issue.

Didn't I just say that I don't like big gov by stating that I'm a libertarian philosopher? Put your eyes in for gosh sakes!

Therefore, I don't disagree that democracy works best on a small scale, as our forefathers designed. But if you have any education in U.S. Government then you should know that we have a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy.

I normally dislike telling people they are wrong, but you are TOTALLY WRONG when you state that the constitution is a document that literally gives people PERMISSION to own and carry firearms. NO!!!! The Bill of Rights (read that literally) is an affirmation of the concept of natural rights and God given rights. It GIVE NOTHING!!! What it does is prevent government from interfering with your rights as well as mine. When you write such things, you are falling into the progressive trap of thinking that rights come from government. That's total BS. Some things are privileges, like driving, others are rights. The first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution are called the Bill of Rights, not the bill of government provided permissions. Learn it, Friend!!!!

Otherwise, I think we agree.

Didn't I just say that I don't like big gov by stating that I'm a libertarian philosopher? Put your eyes in for gosh sakes!

Therefore, I don't disagree that democracy works best on a small scale, as our forefathers designed. But if you have any education in U.S. Government then you should know that we have a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy.

I normally dislike telling people they are wrong, but you are TOTALLY WRONG when you state that the constitution is a document that literally gives people PERMISSION to own and carry firearms. NO!!!! The Bill of Rights (read that literally) is an affirmation of the concept of natural rights and God given rights. It GIVE NOTHING!!! What it does is prevent government from interfering with your rights as well as mine. When you write such things, you are falling into the progressive trap of thinking that rights come from government. That's total BS. Some things are privileges, like driving, others are rights. The first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution are called the Bill of Rights, not the bill of government provided permissions. Learn it, Friend!!!!

Not gonna interact with you if you can't muster some basic manners in speaking to me. I made no insults to you, so I see no reason why you feel the need. I'm glad you're secure in your opinion, but that doesn't change I'm right historically, and legally speaking. I'm educated and lived long enough to know what I'm talking about, but won't have a conversation with someone that can't show basic respect. Just cause we're gun owners doesn't make us friends.

Just sent an email to two of the petitioners of Prop 8 to get a clarification on the "(g) those who carry or use firearms in public" line of their proposition. We will see if some thing comes back!

No, it's a state issue. As clearly stated in the wording.

Amendment II
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free STATE, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

If it was a human right it apply to the world.

You have no understanding of federalism and the meaning of words as our forefathers used them. Good lord, a free state no more means the individual states than the militia means state militias, and arms means hunting weapons. No my newbie, STATE in this context meant the entire country. As in BIG state, not little state. Try reading some, and try hanging out a bit before coming on like gangbusters since you just signed up today and are posting posting posting.

"If it was a human right it would apply to the world"... It does!!! It's God given and it sucks that countries have taken it from their peoples.

And before to respond I taught American history and government for many years, and atop that I know an uninformed, uneducated, and immature response when I see one. You got some growing up to do.

You have no understanding of federalism and the meaning of words as our forefathers used them. Good lord, a free state no more means the individual states than the militia means state militias, and arms means hunting weapons. No my newbie, STATE in this context meant the entire country. As in BIG state, not little state. Try reading some, and try hanging out a bit before coming on like gangbusters since you just signed up today and are posting posting posting.

"If it was a human right it would apply to the world"... It does!!! It's God given and it sucks that countries have taken it from their peoples.

How long I've been a member has nothing to do with my knowledge, understanding, and general wisdom on the subject matter.

God is a subjective matter that can't be proven, I won't use it as a matter of fact in determining human rights.

You also seem to lack basic manners in discussing these issues. I have no need for your opinion without basic respect. Which you obviously can't show to a former educator, vet, and most likely much older American citizen then you. Good luck in your furthered education.

The Constitution does not bestow upon us the permission to keep and bear arms.
It recognizes and accepts the right that all free people are born with from their creator/creation/happenstance of existence/(or, add whatever-the-heck- your-belief-is, here).

(added) I'm pretty sure though, that Trolls in general aren't created in a cosmological sense...but are more like, persistant itches or a pimples.

Last Edited:
The Constitution does not bestow upon us the permission to keep and bear arms.
It recognizes and accepts that right that all free people are born with from their creator/creation/happenstance of existence/(add your belief here), exists.

No, it gives only those that live in this country that right. Not all people born from their creator, etc. The Constituion is not a religious document, nor does it give rights to those outside America. You can add as much as you please to the meaning but it does not change the factual and legal meaning of the document. I'm not sure how you can't deny the basic fact that The Constitution is a legal government document, I can see putting special meaning for your own sake, but it is still what it is.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top