JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im in New Orleans for a few days on business. I like New Orleans. I mean you go to New York City and they're like "We used to have a lot of gambling, hookers and drug dealers , people drinking from bottles on the street corners in the 80's in Time Square but we cleaned it up and now all we have is overpriced tourist schlock."

New Orleans is like " What do you want? . Hookers, gambling, drugs, a swig out of my bottle or overpriced tourist schlock. We got it all baby. ? " . Its like nothing else in the South.

Last Edited:
My kinda town!
Right? I was telling my wife how friendly everyone in New Orleans is. I was walking down Canal St a few minutes ago and nice young lady asked me if I needed company. She looked cold because she didn't have much on for clothing. I said " I dont think thats appropriate, its my wifes birthday today. Will you be around here tomorrow?"

IMG_2533.JPG

Last Edited:
Right? I was telling my wife how friendly everyone in New Orleans is. I was walking down Canal St a few minutes ago and nice young lady asked me if I needed company. She looked cold because she didn't have much on for clothing. I said " I dont think thats appropriate, its my wifes birthday today. Will you be around here tomorrow?"

View attachment 1805188
I didn't care for it myself. Seemed like a dark place to me. But I did love the poboys and other local food.

Lots of history there...plus some good book shops and gun stores ....well when I was there at least.
( Granted that was a ways back )
I did get some great food...and my first 1873 "Trapdoor" Springfield Carbine that trip.
Andy

Lots of history there...plus some good book shops and gun stores ....well when I was there at least.
( Granted that was a ways back )
I did get some great food...and my first 1873 "Trapdoor" Springfield Carbine that trip.
Andy
I did venture into an antique gun and coin store. Like ancient Greek and roman gold and silver coins and civil war era stuff off of Royal St,. Royal has incredible antique shops. Just a block over from Bourbon St

It just smells like Marijuana now.
That would be a huge improvement, like putting a .99 ¢ air fresher in PortaJohn . Nawlins, much like a Turkey Vulture soaring high above looks majestic, until you see it up close . also, If there is a large scale Scam being cooked-up, going down in the US. You can bet it was born in New Orleans 1st ..if not there Florida 2nd.

That would be a huge improvement, like putting a .99 ¢ air fresher in PortaJohn . Nawlins, much like a Turkey Vulture soaring high above looks majestic, until you see it up close . also, If there is a large scale Scam being cooked-up, going down in the US. You can bet it was born in New Orleans 1st ..if not there Florida 2nd.
I like cities with raw character. I'd honestly have to say that New Orleans is my favorite US city and not far behind Amsterdam , St Petersburg and London internationally.

Helps that my sinuses gave up working as instruments of odor detection decades ago.

I like cities with raw character. I'd honestly have to say that New Orleans is my favorite US city and not far behind Amsterdam , St Petersburg and London internationally.

Helps that my sinuses gave up working as instruments of odor detection decades ago.
Don't get me wrong. I did have fun, got drunk, got laid. But it is dirty and got keep on your toes down there. You say "raw Character "..LOL . I say, "long ancestry of breeding trash."
talking about sinus. something about the High humidity, heat-moisture, spores, bacteria ..etc. brewing in the air like petri dish culture. I worked down that border area of TX. LA. gulf for several months . After that, my sinus had an infection/inflammation that took me fighting several years to get rid of..

Don't get me wrong. I did have fun, got drunk, got laid. But it is dirty and got keep on your toes down there. You say "raw Character "..LOL . I say, "long ancestry of breeding trash."
talking about sinus. something about the High humidity, heat-moisture, spores, bacteria ..etc. brewing in the air like petri dish culture. I worked down that border area of TX. LA. gulf for several months . After that, my sinus had an infection/inflammation that took me fighting several years to get rid of..
Mine got burned out in chemical plants decades ago.

Man, you got a way with words I tell ya'! :s0155:

I've been in lots of cities, here and abroad, but NO is the only place I've found expended bullets in the gutter while waiting at a cross walk for the light to change. One was a 9mm slug that was flattened on one side from glancing off of sometthing, and the other was a .30cal rifle round. Someboddy missed I guess....

That excitement aside, it a grat fun place. Great food, reasonable alcohol rules, interesting varietal entertainment. It's as close to being in a foreign country as you can get stateside. Do watch your 6 though.

I got a good case of food poisioning from a hot dog from one of the street venders.

I've been in lots of cities, here and abroad, but NO is the only place I've found expended bullets in the gutter while waiting at a cross walk for the light to change. One was a 9mm slug that was flattened on one side from glancing off of sometthing, and the other was a .30cal rifle round. Someboddy missed I guess....

That excitement aside, it a grat fun place. Great food, reasonable alcohol rules, interesting varietal entertainment. It's as close to being in a foreign country as you can get stateside. Do watch your 6 though.

I got a good case of food poisioning from a hot dog from one of the street venders.

Yeah, you'd be hard pressed to find a better selection of truly good restaurants in such a small area anywhere else

Last Edited:
I did venture into an antique gun and coin store. Like ancient Greek and roman gold and silver coins and civil war era stuff off of Royal St,. Royal has incredible antique shops. Just a block over from Bourbon St
Thats a cool little shop, its the only place ive ever seen a blunderbuss. I lived in new orleans a little while, im originally from jackson ms so ive spent lots of time in nola.

Whenever someone says something about visiting the south, new orleans is the only place i suggest, stay away from the rest of the deep south but new orleans is a great place. If you like the dingyness of portland youll love new orleans. But oh god the heat. I spent 25 years in the deep south and i just cant tolerate the heat year round anymore.

Thats a cool little shop, its the only place ive ever seen a blunderbuss. I lived in new orleans a little while, im originally from jackson ms so ive spent lots of time in nola.

Whenever someone says something about visiting the south, new orleans is the only place i suggest, stay away from the rest of the deep south but new orleans is a great place. If you like the dingyness of portland youll love new orleans. But oh god the heat. I spent 25 years in the deep south and i just cant tolerate the heat year round anymore.
I would throw Savannah and Charleston in the places in the South to visit category.

I would throw Savannah and Charleston in the places in the South to visit category.
Ah right, i should have specified deep south. Its funny how the south is separated into 3 or 4 distinctly different parts. Ive never been to the "lowcountry" or whatever they call that east cost side of the south so i cant compare to Charleston or savannah.

That said, Old Bay is gross. All hail Tony Chachere's.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top