JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm going to purchase a Mossberg 500 for HD. I have some mods that I want to do including a tactical forend. I've read on all of the manufacturers website that some of the new 500's don't have a removable forend. Is there a way to tell before I make a purchase that wont let me do what I want to do?

look for the action bars to be pinned directly to the plastic on the forend. That is what's known as a pinned forend. On the standard forend the action bars are pinned to the action tube and the plastic forend is slipped over the metal action tube. If you buy a pinned forend all is not lost as you can always change it out for an action tube/forend .....check Havlin Sales for the parts, best service and prices

Havlin Sales & Service - Mossberg Gun Parts

You should be able to see a round nut on the end of the forend, which is attached to the tube. I don't recommend buying a pinned model. I had a 20 gauge where the action bars broke off from the forend just from racking the slide.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews