JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'm going to purchase a Mossberg 500 for HD. I have some mods that I want to do including a tactical forend. I've read on all of the manufacturers website that some of the new 500's don't have a removable forend. Is there a way to tell before I make a purchase that wont let me do what I want to do?

look for the action bars to be pinned directly to the plastic on the forend. That is what's known as a pinned forend. On the standard forend the action bars are pinned to the action tube and the plastic forend is slipped over the metal action tube. If you buy a pinned forend all is not lost as you can always change it out for an action tube/forend .....check Havlin Sales for the parts, best service and prices

Havlin Sales & Service - Mossberg Gun Parts

You should be able to see a round nut on the end of the forend, which is attached to the tube. I don't recommend buying a pinned model. I had a 20 gauge where the action bars broke off from the forend just from racking the slide.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top