JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Colt M-forgery with collapsible butt-stock. Can I (with a minimun of fuss) mount a solid butt-stock, preferably one like the original length M16 stock? I'm looking at one from Brownells but any shorter solid stock would do- I think. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
You want an A2 buttstock assembly.
Everything from the receiver back has to change out.
Shop around for a better price, but this is what the kit looks like :

You want an A2 buttstock assembly.
Everything from the receiver back has to change out.
Shop around for a better price, but this is what the kit looks like :
Thank you..... now I can see what I'm getting into.. :)

Also keep in mind the A2 butt is longer than the A1 butt, but both use the same buffer tube, so if you ever want to change your butt, you don't need to buy new pants.
20240205_173604.jpg

Is this A1 length?

Thank you..... now I can see what I'm getting into.. :)
The biggest danger you face is finding out how easy it all is and just going wild :s0112:

You need something like this and a vice mounted to something solid. I mean yes, you can go nuts with better tools and torque wrenches and all that, but this set will do fine if you take your time and watch some how-to videos. I helped a friend build one and I took my cheep vice mounted to a 2x6 and a cordless drill along. He had a tree stump in his yard so we screwed the 2x6 to the stump, put everything together and went shooting :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top