JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good morning all. My name is Dale Miller and I am a shooter from Kennewick WA. I was raised in a non-shooting or hunting household as my Dad decided he did not want that around after Vietnam. He never had a problem with it, just not something he wanted to deal with and I respected that his whole life. I joined the Navy after high school and served my time during the Desert Storm era, even though I never saw any time abroad. I got into hunting and shooting after my father died about 13 years ago and am an avid fan. I talked to all the old gents out there and decided that the hunting firearm for me was the .30-06 and have been pleased with that decision ever since. I hunt big game, small game and birds...poorly, and am always willing to listen to wiser heads than my own. I got into reloading last year and am having a blast with my Forster co-ax and my shrinking MOA's.
I look forward to gleaning some knowledge from people who have been doing this a lot longer than I have and appreciate everyone's willingness to pass on what they know.
Have a good day,
Dale

Hello Dale. Thanks for your service. Welcome to the forum from the gun-totin old broad contingent.

Carol

I now have an image in my mind of what I want my wife to look like in another 20 years. Gun toting old broad pretty well hits the nail on the head!

Hi Dale! Welcome neighbor and thank you for your service.

My wife is a bona-fide E. OR native. I love her redneck nature and always say "Don't run from my wife, you'll just die tired." Unfortunately, she recently broke her ankle in two places and we are now spending a bunch of time in Kennewick at Tri-Cities Ortho foot and ankle clinic. This happened in June, so the rest of the year is shot (see what I did there? ;)) If she is well enough to take care of herself by elk season, I plan to go to Ukiah with my buds from Bend and the coast. We were nearby on Mt. Emily for a few years but that seems to have dried up, maybe due to wolves. Do you hunt elk? If so, where do you like to go (in general, not asking you to give up your secrets)?

Hi Dale! Welcome neighbor and thank you for your service.

My wife is a bona-fide E. OR native. I love her redneck nature and always say "Don't run from my wife, you'll just die tired." Unfortunately, she recently broke her ankle in two places and we are now spending a bunch of time in Kennewick at Tri-Cities Ortho foot and ankle clinic. This happened in June, so the rest of the year is shot (see what I did there? ;)) If she is well enough to take care of herself by elk season, I plan to go to Ukiah with my buds from Bend and the coast. We were nearby on Mt. Emily for a few years but that seems to have dried up, maybe due to wolves. Do you hunt elk? If so, where do you like to go (in general, not asking you to give up your secrets)?

Ouch...sorry to hear about your wife's ankles. My wife and I just got back from 2.5 weeks hiking in Iceland and lucky for us, no broken bones although it was close a few times. I know of Tri-Cities Ortho and she is in good hands from what I hear. As for Elk hunting, I just got my first cow last year in Idaho. Some buddies and myself went to Salmon, Idaho for a week of hunting and I picked off a big lady in the first two hours of the hunt. Spent the rest of the week spotting and hiking and playing around. It was a blast. Some pretty country over that way. Heading back this year to see if I can't repeat. I am looking forward to dove season opening up, even though I am a pretty poor shot when it comes to those fast little suckers. Problem is that I can't find anywhere to setup my clay pigeon thrower to do some practice. All my normal spots are closed for fire restriction so I am guessing I will have to go in cold. Probably wont make much of a difference as I am fairly sure that whistling sound dove make as they fly is laughter at the way I shoot. I will give it my all, though, and try not to revert to my "Navy days" language as I do so. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the forum and most of all Thank you for your service to this great country!

:s0042:
Thank you...the two quotes I remember most from my father were, "Before you are allowed to complain about your country, go out and do something to serve it." and, "It is not only your right, but your obligation to protest an action of your government that is blatantly wrong and immoral." "What you will never do, however, is to protest against the men and women fighting so that you have those rights!" Semper Fi Dad

Thank you...the two quotes I remember most from my father were, "Before you are allowed to complain about your country, go out and do something to serve it." and, "It is not only your right, but your obligation to protest an action of your government that is blatantly wrong and immoral." "What you will never do, however, is to protest against the men and women fighting so that you have those rights!" Semper Fi Dad

Sounds to me like your Dad was a wise man.

went to Salmon, Idaho for a week of hunting

Fortunate son! Best wished for this year!!!

Probably wont make much of a difference as I am fairly sure that whistling sound dove make as they fly is laughter at the way I shoot

That's how it is for every dove hunter I think. People don't realize how hard it is to assassinate songbirds. Those little bastiges put on the fighter pilot moves before they even hear the gun. BTW, I never did have much luck with places to shoot doves here in my area, I found there just wasn't enough of them to make it enjoyable. And we usually have that cold snap like now, but many times it brought snow to the show. Most of my dove hunting was down in Calexico because I was stationed in San Diego.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top