JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So a buddy said he heard they were coming out with a 308?o_O I'm in if they do
And WTF would they bother with the 41? Sorry Pandaz3,but it's more expensive than a 44mag to shoot,with less of everything.(recoil isn't much in this rifle,so that's out)
I'd rather have a pre-64 or later Winchester for those prices?
Only reason is the way you load the gun.The 22rifle type loading is nice to unload also. Eject the chambered round and dump the rest.
Plus you just order the Henry and you hunt for the Winchester? (handgun calibers at least)

I'd prefer actual stainless to an applied finish. Just my $.02

I have the golden boy .22 lever and I was a little disappointed in how the finish looks after a little use. Its just a little soft and shows the minor wear marks really well. Still a great gun and slick as snot, but wish they would have done a true brass receiver on it. I hope they do better on these.

Maybe Henry got with Hornady and had them make some leverevolution ammo for 308win.
Henry's pretty popular now because of Remlins and Hornady is all for selling more ammo.
Not much of a stretch,just put a softer tip in some Amax

Maybe Henry got with Hornady and had them make some leverevolution ammo for 308win.
Henry's pretty popular now because of Remlins and Hornady is all for selling more ammo.
Not much of a stretch,just put a softer tip in some Amax
And how would you enforce that with the owners of the firearm?

Tell them they can't shoot the same .308 Winchester ammo that they could shoot in any other rifle chambered for .308 Winchester?

Yeah - that's going to work - it would be an invitation to being sued - big time - by the first person that hadn't heard of the warning. :rolleyes:

The heretic is right. No company is going to make a lever action with a tube feed when the predominate ammunition type in circulation has the potential to cause a tube detonation. Since there is no way to physically limit the gun to leverevolution rounds, this just won't happen. Period.

Lawsuits are expensive, and the liability limitations currently in place for the firearms industry do not cover something like this.

Whatever guys,whatever. I just posted that I heard there may be a 308 in the works.
That's all I got,so y'all got it figured out it can't be a tube mag for 308win.Great.
Nobody can confirm or deny anything about a 308 Henry,of ANY 308 caliber.
That's all you got,fine.
I'm not in with Henry so I can't give any more on the subject

Calm down mjb. No one is trying to make you look dumb or anything along those lines.

If Henry does in fact have a .308 in the works, then it would be a far departure from their niche market. I find the rumor mill interesting, as you do. Sometimes it helps to talk through rumors to see if they make sense. This one makes sense, but only if they make something they haven't done before.

I apologize if you felt slighted...

Now if Browning would just make this in 7.62x39:

134712.png

So to calm every one down, this is not a tube fed gun! Henry IS offering this in several "modern" chamberings. It uses a detachable mag that stacks the rounds so no risk of punching a primer in following rounds!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top