JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have always been a closet fan of Henry rifles. Just something about a nice wood and brass carbine BigBoy that says YES!!!
Plus the leaver guns are just plain cool! Hell, all guns are cool!

I have always been a closet fan of Henry rifles. Just something about a nice wood and brass carbine BigBoy that says YES!!!
Plus the leaver guns are just plain cool! Hell, all guns are cool!

One of my favorite guns to shoot for fun is a Henery .22lr. Nothing fancy but there is just something fun about running the lever (and it's stupid reliable - only ever had ammo issues unless I short stroked the lever and didn't engage the hammer).

I almost always take it to with me when I go shooting because of the fun but also because it is super simple to clean - and a good grouse gun where I hunt.

Plus you get trigger finger with the lever guns! Always fun in a twisted sore of way to see those unfamiliar with levers getting poked with the trigger every time they try and run it. Sort of a rite of passage in my book!

Ive been thinking about gettin the Varmint Express 17 hmr.

Ive had this 7mm Browning for a few years and its been a great shooter.

36780_zpsg1zb8uye.jpg IMG_0166_zpsainrath5.jpg

My father-in-law decided that since my nine month old son is named Henry, he needed to have his own Henry rifle. So he bought him a lever action .22 magnum with the brushed aluminum receiver cover and barrel band. I am generally not a fan of Henry rifles, but after fondling the rifle on my trip to Alaska a few weeks ago, I find myself jealous of my son's rifle! Color me surprised!

Interesting. I've got my first ever lever gun, a new Henry in .357 on the way shortly. I can't wait to get it out to shoot. I've always heard good things about the Henry rifles, I don't expect to be disappointed.

Last Edited:
Well I have a odd yearning for 41 Magnum, I know the 44 Mag or 45 Long Colt are better choices in a big bore handgun caliber. The 357 seems a good choice in a carbine. But like I say two model 94's in 30-30 meet those needs. No one has mentioned the Henry 22 pump I have a LR version and a 22 Mag in lever action and I have a Henry 'Black' Rifle and AR-7. I like the quality of each. I would not be afraid to buy any of their products, But their new magazine fed seems to be priced pretty close to the Browning BLR. Hard to beat a Browning

I'm looking forward to seeing the Henry Small Game Rifle.
Not too into the large loop lever , but I dig the octagon barrel and Skinner sights.
Might try and trade my Remington 511 for one ...
Andy
One of the reasons I am considering that rifle - if I can get one with a short octagon barrel - is because it will shoot shorts, longs and LR.

It is nice having a rifle that can shoot any .22 ammo out there , thru its magazine.
Andy
That is why I want a tube mag fed rifle. I have five different .22 RF rifles, and the only two that will feed shorts are single shots. The others, 3 10/22s will not.

Very few rifles with different mag types will feed all types of .22 RF ammo.

I forget whether the Marlin box mag rifle I grew up with fed shorts - I think it may have.

Some older Mossberg rifles had a magazine with a built in adaptor in which you could shoot the various .22 ammo types through.
I can single feed any .22 ammo in my 511 , but a rifle that can feed and shoot any .22 thru its magazine is a plus.
Andy

Pandaz3,
Noted. That is one reason why I like 'em.
Most of my rifles are muzzleloaders , original and a few newer ones , so I am used to octagon barrels.
How do you like your pump?
Those are good looking rifles.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR