Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New guy from RAINIER, OR

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 2-b-d, Jan 2, 2010.

1. 2-b-d

2-b-d Clatskanie, Or Member

I am here because I am shopping for my collection. I have a sorry collection thus far but hey, ya gotta start sometime. I value all advice and knowledge. I was directed to this site by a member who was selling a handgun. He directed me to this link to this site. I love it already.
    My main interest right now is a handgun that will be used for protection out in the woods. I need it to be lightweight and easily packable as I bowhunt and cover a lot of ground and don't need a " dirty Harry" slappin against my leg for miles.
    I am a usmc vet 89-93. I served also 3 yrs in the national guard. I am a single father of 4. So that's about it for the basics.
    I look forward to reading all the knowledge you all have and hope I will be purchasing my handgun soon

2. augfan

augfan Gold beach Oregon Member

Welcome!

3. willseeker

willseeker N. Portland. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your service, 2-b-d!

Will

4. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome to NWFA and thank you for serving!

5. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

welcome to the forum !! bunch of great people here-i'm sure you will enjoy yourself-
    steven

6. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Welcome! and Semper Fi Marine..I'm sure you will find a handgun that will fit your needs on this site.

7. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

2-b-d is a great guy and I think he will be an asset to NWFA, and I think I told you already but thank you for serving this great country and your community. Welcome Aboard!

Chip

8. 2-b-d

I am sure I will find one as well but I am too skeptical about buying used. I mean how am I to know if I'm buying someone piece of malfunctioning junk. How can I be sure the seller is legit and I'm not buying a stolen gun. This is why I am here. I would like to know the "how to's" in buying from a private seller with confidence

9. 2-b-d

Thanks for the compliments Chip. It was an honor serving as a reserve officer, not to mention a highlight of my life. I'm not sure how much of an asset I will be to this site but I assure all of the members, I won't be a nuisance to the forums.

10. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Buy a glock! :cool:

Seriously, I hear you about being apprehensive about buying used. There are quite a few people here who can/will help you with any questions. For example, here is a thread by PhysicsGuy about buying used S&W:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21054

If you decide to go with something new, we also have supporting vendors. Either way, be sure to check out the trade ratings and caveat emptor!

11. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

welcome to the site!

12. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome.

13. Arkitek

Arkitek Historic Downtown Roseburg Oregon Member

Welcome to NWFA!

14. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Welcome to NWFA!