JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found your forum and even though I live in Michigan, I am looking forward to seeing what is going on in the gun community in your neck of the woods.

Here is some info I just posted on several other forums concerning some nice S&W's I found during my annual "Snowbird" stay in Florida.

Some of the guys on one forum pointed out that the Tyler grip adaptor just didn't look right on my Model 19. I agreed and took them off. The new Altamont grips look much better without the grip adaptor. We did, however, use a lot of these Tyler grip adaptors when I was on the job in the 60s and 70s. We also ran a lot of the rubber grips that were just becoming available.

("Stole" this gun for $300 a month ago in Florida at a high end gun shop. Go figure.)

IMG_0434.jpg

I guess for a long range session I could install these Hogue grips that actually came with my Model 19.

IMG_0439.jpg

I moved the grip adaptor (after all I just paid almost $30 for it from the fellow in Oklahoma who is re-popping these/ If I remember they used to cost about $5 to $10 back in the day) to my model 10. They actually look better there. (If I remember, we all used them for our heavy barrel model 10s when we were still in uniform.)

IMG_0437.jpg

By the way, I found this almost new model 10 last year in Florida (for some reason I did not keep mine when I retired from the State Police in 1987).

IMG_0428.jpg

Trooper Joe

[My biggest fear is that when I die or have a stroke, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them :(.]

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top