JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found your forum and even though I live in Michigan, I am looking forward to seeing what is going on in the gun community in your neck of the woods.

Here is some info I just posted on several other forums concerning some nice S&W's I found during my annual "Snowbird" stay in Florida.

Some of the guys on one forum pointed out that the Tyler grip adaptor just didn't look right on my Model 19. I agreed and took them off. The new Altamont grips look much better without the grip adaptor. We did, however, use a lot of these Tyler grip adaptors when I was on the job in the 60s and 70s. We also ran a lot of the rubber grips that were just becoming available.

("Stole" this gun for $300 a month ago in Florida at a high end gun shop. Go figure.)

IMG_0434.jpg

I guess for a long range session I could install these Hogue grips that actually came with my Model 19.

IMG_0439.jpg

I moved the grip adaptor (after all I just paid almost $30 for it from the fellow in Oklahoma who is re-popping these/ If I remember they used to cost about $5 to $10 back in the day) to my model 10. They actually look better there. (If I remember, we all used them for our heavy barrel model 10s when we were still in uniform.)

IMG_0437.jpg

By the way, I found this almost new model 10 last year in Florida (for some reason I did not keep mine when I retired from the State Police in 1987).

IMG_0428.jpg

Trooper Joe

[My biggest fear is that when I die or have a stroke, my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them :(.]

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top