JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a new gun(rifle) a year and a half ago, threw it in the safe and never looked back til today. I looked down the barrel and its dirty as a $2 ______. Anyway is it okay to leave it like that?

:s0112: What type of rifle? IMO Normally I would advise against letting a gun get dirty and stay that way, but i do have a AK i keep fairly dirty(because she likes it :p).

:s0112: What type of rifle? IMO Normally I would advise against letting a gun get dirty and stay that way, but i do have a AK i keep fairly dirty(because she likes it :p).

Well lets just keep it at new firearm, because I have more than 1 thats new and unfired by me. Basically I'm asking if its ok to let the carbon sit on a new gun. Oh by the way, didn't you know ak's work better when dirty?:s0155:

I would clean any gun before using it.

Well duh lol. I remember when I bought a new gun, didn't even look at it just took it straight to the range the next day. Shot about 100-150 flawless rounds. Took it home, took it apart and wow, friggen gun was super dry. I was surprised it even cycled being how dry it was.

I'd clean it. Most AKs have chrome lined barrels and should be ok with carbon, however if you shot corrosive ammo though it, it's probably already pitted.
Why would you want to leave it dirty? Just because AKs function dirty doesn't mean that's the best condition to leave them in.

Anything in the barrel has the potential to attract moister,and that's not good.
Now if you had run an oily cloth thru it before you but the poor thing in the cell,I mean safe,it would probably be fine.

Have a gun for a year and not shoot it?
I..wha..how.... WTF???
I have a few I haven't shot after a couple months and feel guilty

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR