JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The enactment of bipartisan, common-sense laws to reduce the number of needless deaths caused by gun violence in our country is no longer a far-fetched idea.

A bipartisan group of senators – five Democrats and four Republicans – recently introduced a bill to improve background checks and increase accountability on gun sales.

This comes after a devastating year filled with several tragic and horrifying mass shootings. It is perhaps suggestive that the tide may be shifting on the importance of enacting measures to prevent gun violence.

Crafted primarily by Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, and Chris Murphy, D-Conn., the legislation would make background checks for gun buyers more thorough and precise by enforcing measures that strengthen the existing National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

Continue Reading: New gun laws may win approval in Congress

Thomas Sowell would undoubtedly invite our attention to "The Audacity of the Intellectual".

"One would have to be smarter than ALL OF US combined in order to be able to decide what is best for us all" (loosely quoted)..

Definition of common sense
:
sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts
  • She's very smart but doesn't have a lot of common sense.

• rely on common sense for personal safety
download.jpg

I remember that not all that long ago Liberals took the position that "there is no such thing as commont sense." That was their response to initiatives to deal with the problems Liberals bemoaned by using practical solutions rather than the ineffective and expensive coddling championed by Liberals. :rolleyes:

Now they promote those idiotic proposals as being "common sense." :mad:

I got excited, thinking they were talking about concealed carry reciprocity and the hearing protection act. Because they used the term "common sense".

+1. When I saw the title, I thought it was (finally) action on the HPA. Seeing the phrase "common sense", in the context of gun legislation, all hope was dashed, because that phrase is just code word for "whatever Draconian anti-RKBA bullplop that can be ramrodded through".

According to ASA, the SHARE act is supposed to be coming up for a vote in this house soon. Alas, no specifics as to when though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top