JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I want to know the details on the snacks before I reply. :s0147: Dry store bought cookies or home made banana bread?

Just kidding, welcome to the site.

If someone wants to try out something I have, they just shoot it.
We don't squabble about ammo.
And sometimes I get a free lunch on the way home.

Confucius Say :
Be nice and sometime free lunch hoppen

That's fine when the ammo is 10-20 cents per round, but have you looked at the price of .460 magnum or .50 BMG or 5.7x28 lately?

I am unemployed now - maybe retired - either way on a fixed income, and therefore on a budget. I already have the guns so I don't mind someone trying them out to see if they would like to have a gun like that themselves, but ammo is a consumable, it is mostly self-defense ammo (therefore expensive) not cheap FMJ blasting ammo, and stored by me for SHTF times, not going out and burning it up having fun times.

That's fine when the ammo is 10-20 cents per round, but have you looked at the price of .460 magnum or .50 BMG or 5.7x28 lately?

I am unemployed now - maybe retired - either way on a fixed income, and therefore on a budget. I already have the guns so I don't mind someone trying them out to see if they would like to have a gun like that themselves, but ammo is a consumable, it is mostly self-defense ammo (therefore expensive) not cheap FMJ blasting ammo, and stored by me for SHTF times, not going out and burning it up having fun times.
Recreational shooting is not a cheap hobby.

Recreational shooting is not a cheap hobby.

Agreed. I have plenty of cheap .22 RF ammo I would gladly share for some fun shooting. But shooting my 460 magnum is going to cost someone at least a $1 a round, and up to $4 per round, depending on what they want to try. The .50 BMG starts at about $3-4 per round and goes up to $150 per round (if they can find Raufoss/Mk211).

That is, if they can find the ammo - that is the other thing; right now, some of that ammo isn't on the shelves and may not be available online.

It is just simpler if the shooter brings their own ammo.

Welcome.
You're going to get a lot of good info, some bad, and more entertainment than you probably expected. If you're lucky, as I have been, you'll meet some folks that you know have your back if needed, which is a security far too many of us go without.

Normally I just let people try some stuff that I have if they want to try it. Some cartridges I have are wildcats and can not be found at the store and are hand load only. It's a different story if we're going out shooting all the time and they want to keep shooting my stuff then they can supply the ammo or components.

Hello! I am new here and I am looking for friends who want too shoot, in the Washington and Oregon areas. I am in Oregon and apparently all my friends are afraid to exercise their freedoms:/ lol if you want to meet up for platonic friendship and shooting buddies, Id really like to train and become a great shot and eventually move onto LR rifles and maybe hunting. I have 4 guns of different calibers. I have time and I have snacks:) Please be sober and not intoxicated or dangerous. Gun safety is very important to me.
dont take any of my advise i am not that great of a shot:(my videos:eek: prove it

Hey, New Girl - I'D share my ammunition with you, never fear. EVERYONE who comes to our guest days here in yUK is a guest, so paying for ammunition is not even mentioned, no matter what the cost. However, this being yUK, there are no .388 Whizzbang Cosmic Super Blunderthasters here, I sad to say. But even if there were, you are a guest, and pay a big fat $00.00 for anything you might shoot.

I've never figured out what a guest day costs me, and that's not because I'm really not worried about money, it's because when you have folks round to your house for a party, you don't tot up the amount they are drinking and give 'em the bill.

If I take, say, a .45-70 Govt and a couple of 7.5x55 Swiss, the day might end up costing me $50-60, but we use the paying forward system. When they join, as many do after shooting a real live gun for the first time, they do the same for THEIR guests.

Hey, New Girl - I'D share my ammunition with you, never fear. EVERYONE who comes to our guest days here in yUK is a guest, so paying for ammunition is not even mentioned, no matter what the cost. However, this being yUK, there are no .388 Whizzbang Cosmic Super Blunderthasters here, I sad to say. But even if there were, you are a guest, and pay a big fat $00.00 for anything you might shoot.

I've never figured out what a guest day costs me, and that's not because I'm really not worried about money, it's because when you have folks round to your house for a party, you don't tot up the amount they are drinking and give 'em the bill.

If I take, say, a .45-70 Govt and a couple of 7.5x55 Swiss, the day might end up costing me $50-60, but we use the paying forward system. When they join, as many do after shooting a real live gun for the first time, they do the same for THEIR guests.
That's how it's done.
Maybe if @The Heretic could get himself a good rowboat....
It is a long boat ride across the pond.

:p

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR