JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Heard about this site through a Sportsman Warehouse Associate.

As a lifelong anti-gun person, a recent episode of violence that erupted out-of-nowhere gave me an insight about chaos. I was unexpectedly assaulted by someone with a metal bat. Even though this particular incident would most likely not be defensible with lethal force, the CHL class I took in response was informative and cleared up many gun myths that I had.
I also found a new found respect for the police and the danger they face on the daily.
In addition, I've also discovered a fresh perspective on gun-ownership.
While I still believe the government has a role in creating sound policy and regulation around firearms as per the "well-regulated militia" preamble to the 2A, I'm no longer in the "all guns are bad" camp.

Good to be here and looking forward to gaining insight from those sharing with much more experience in this domain.

Welcome!

While the forum is open to all different perspectives, individual members may not be, so please presume good intent, feel free to use the ignore and report functions to your comfort level, and be open to strongly held opinions that may be vastly different to yours.

Welcome aboard and sorry to hear you were assaulted. It's a friendly place around here and there are lots of strong opinions. Don't let that drive you off.

A gun is a tool to be used just like any other. We all have a natural right to self defense and that's what firearms assist with. Eventually you may find you like firearms for more than just defense, such as recreation. Tin can shooting with a nice lever gun is one of many examples of ways to enjoy ownership. It's a slippery slope from one gun to many and I hope you enjoy the journey.

Someday you may come to realize all gun laws are infringements and the second amendment defends the other amendments, but we all have our own paths to walk.

Personally . . .
kv33s87sv2h81.jpg

Welcome and glad you found us! If you want perspective on the oft misinterpreted militia portion of the Second it's there in the Federalist papers. It does not refer to the organized military, but to all citizens.

BTW, if you live in Oregon and are between the ages of 18 and 45 you are a member of Oregon's Unorganized Militia: https://oregon.public.law/statutes/ors_396.105 . You are one notification away from being activated by the Governor.

In any event, as mentioned above you are certainly free to have any opinion you want on any subject and we are always willing to hear what you have to say. Again, a wholehearted welcome!

Welcome, glad to have you! You have discovered a truth you were not aware of before now, that YOU are your own "First Responder" and that the police generally cannot be counted upon to protect and serve until it's too late. I hope you will take the time to learn more Truth here, and we will be more then happy to help you on this journey. Keep an open mind and enjoy your new awakening, there is much to learn ( We all had to learn ) going forward, and I hope to see you learn and grow!

In union with the usual suspects, a hearty welcome from the Land of Evil Spirits!
1657310405728.png
If you enjoy the place, consider a coffee per month ($5) to help Joe run the whole affair.

welcome.jpg

No matter how we individually perceive our right to bear arms.
No matter the individuals own perspective on guns.
No matter the Government's laws and perception on the individual.
We each have the God Given right to protect ourselves and each other.
It is that simple.
I welcome any and all to this site, gun lovers and gun haters.
Why?
Well I believe that we each have the right or wrong of it and as long as we can discuss it in a productive manner, the truth will be known in the end.
Some will accept it, and some will not be able too.
But in the end there is one basic truth!
Don't bring your politically correct verbiage to a gun fight!
Sticks and stone, sticks and stones my friends.

Mark Sr

Last Edited:
Heard about this site through a Sportsman Warehouse Associate.

As a lifelong anti-gun person, a recent episode of violence that erupted out-of-nowhere gave me an insight about chaos. I was unexpectedly assaulted by someone with a metal bat. Even though this particular incident would most likely not be defensible with lethal force, the CHL class I took in response was informative and cleared up many gun myths that I had.
I also found a new found respect for the police and the danger they face on the daily.
In addition, I've also discovered a fresh perspective on gun-ownership.
While I still believe the government has a role in creating sound policy and regulation around firearms as per the "well-regulated militia" preamble to the 2A, I'm no longer in the "all guns are bad" camp.

Good to be here and looking forward to gaining insight from those sharing with much more experience in this domain.
Glad your in the group.
FYI: "well regulated" in the context of the time of writing the amendment referred to people being trained and ready. It did not mean to be exposed to regulations defined by the government

Glad your in the group.
FYI: "well regulated" in the context of the time of writing the amendment referred to people being trained and ready. It did not mean to be exposed to regulations defined by the government
Interesting, thank you. I've also heard it referred to as "able bodied" which would include a wider range both younger and older as well as women.

Interesting, thank you. I've also heard it referred to as "able bodied" which would include a wider range both younger and older as well as women.
Historically, the "Requirements" would have been more the ideal rather then the reality! Through out history, often times, Women and Children would often fight, even being called upon to do so. While a Gentle society may find that abhorrent, it was quite literally a matter of life and death to those who did it!

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you're here. Consider letting your friends know what you've learned about firearms. So many folks have drawn a conclusion based on what they've watched on the news. You were able to learn the hard way, maybe help them do it the easy way by taking them shooting. 🙂

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome aboard... :D

To echo many of the wise words already presented above, when seconds count, the police are now a days mostly reactive, not pro active...:s0139::rolleyes::confused:

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Great suggestion, thank you!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR