JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found a great deal on a Silencer CO. Radius range finder. Comes with a built in rail mount and has options for visible laser, real time ranging, or point ranging with 3 active displays for long short and most recent distances, yards or meters. So far I was able to get readings from 1743 yards in daylight off an old barn, manufacturer claims up to 3k with a reflective target and ideal lighting.

Threw it on my m1a and was easily able to real time range and hit at the 419 and 763 yard 11.5" x 20" steel targets we randomly set up in a field.

Really made it easy to just acquire the target in the optic, read the active range and dial the turrets accordingly, and fire. I would guess it would easily reduce shooting time by 4-6 seconds vs. the time it would take one to deploy a standalone range finder, range target, adjust optic, acquire target with rifle, and then fire.

IMG_20161011_215200291.jpg IMG_20161009_173603666.jpg

That's a good deal having it mounted like that
I looked at the sig kilo2000? I believe it is.
It hits trees at 1400+ instantly. Some guys hit the grass hillside at 1800 yards. Sig's claim is it will read 3600 on a reflective target.
I'm hoping this technology goes down in price next year

That's pretty cool. I just googled it and another question came up. If the Radius or other rail mounted range finders are sighted in for 100/200 yards and you have your scope doped for a 1000 yard shot it would be pointing way above it if it's closer to being in line with the barrel. I don't know much about these but I'm assuming you can't range a man sized target at that range anyways and you would be ranging the nearest large object like a building, truck, etc.

That's pretty cool. I just googled it and another question came up. If the Radius or other rail mounted range finders are sighted in for 100/200 yards and you have your scope doped for a 1000 yard shot it would be pointing way above it if it's closer to being in line with the barrel. I don't know much about these but I'm assuming you can't range a man sized target at that range anyways and you would be ranging the nearest large object like a building, truck, etc.

You are correct if the dope of the optic and the laser are not set to the same distance they will be off. However that is why the optic and laser are "zero'd" together at the same distance.

From my understanding ( feel free to correct me). After sighting the optic to the rifle to 100 yards and then "zeroing" the laser to the offset of the optic as it sits on the rifle at the same 100 yard distance, the optic and the laser will always be in the same offset when viewing at the 100 yd zero of the optic. The optic and the laser are both vectors so in my understanding there is no parabolic effect to compensate for as compared to the bullet drop poa/poi situation.

Since you range from your known zero before adjusting the turrets this should mean the laser and optic will be parallel and this should not be effected by distance. Once the turrets are adjusted the laser and optic will not be parallel and the turrets will need to be reset to zero to scope/range again.

I personally zero'd optic to 100yds because my turrets are moa, set the laser left 3 inches, and down 1 inch to compensate for the offset from the optic.

This is just my understanding, feel free to correct me.:)

I just bought a Sig Kilo2000..

Same here, I had a bushnell "The truth" and it had issues ranging out to 500yd, and just before black friday I found a great deal on a sig kilo 2000, got it for 30 bucks more than the cabelas black friday price. I have not had a chance to take it out to range yet.. but I am stoked.

Last Edited:
Same here, I had a bushnell "The truth" and it had issues ranging out to 500yd, and just before black friday I found a great deal on a sig kilo 2000, got it for 20 bucks more than the cabelas black friday price. I have not had a chance to take it out to range yet.. but I am stoked.

Cabelas has it for $349.

bought mine for 380 and had it shipped to my door. didnt have to try and fight cabelas on black friday :) plus you never know how many there are going to be at the store.. didnt want to drive an hour for that and then find out i didnt get one.. lol

I've got a Bushnell that my dad gave me a few years back. Seems to work well, and fairly accurate although I haven't tried it to 1000 yet.

Same here, I had a bushnell "The truth" and it had issues ranging out to 500yd, and just before black friday I found a great deal on a sig kilo 2000, got it for 30 bucks more than the cabelas black friday price. I have not had a chance to take it out to range yet.. but I am stoked.
You guys suck for one
But you will love that RF. I'll get one someday

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews