JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, so I'm an ex 67N20, and have messed with my fair share of M16A2's!
I decided I'd build my first AR15 and that if I was going to do it , I'd go full Monte and start with an 80% Arms version!
This doesn't have anything to do with the issue I had when sighting in!
I installed an MBUS front sight (the correct direction after doing it wrong the first time and correcting on my own insight!)
Rear sight is a Ruger style!
Pictures of both are uploaded!

Here is the issue: I've cranked the front sight all the way down and it is still about an inch high on target.
I sighted in at 25 Meters (approx), yes I needed that close because first shot group was 4 inches low at least!

Scoop on all pieces: 80% arms lower, Aero Precision carbine buffer tube and collapsible stock, CBC Industries upper 5.56/.223 carbine with 16 inch barrel and 15" keymod? (CBC-UFH-CBCRFKT2-205-431) 1A7B4B1D-AD9E-4893-B703-BE796AA02F89.jpeg 889564D6-0AC6-4DCD-9912-8852BD19BAAD.jpeg 964F2E8B-3F88-4768-BF50-10BE54DE47BE.jpeg 742527A8-EE37-4B9C-8C72-CF07BFAADAF8.jpeg

Last Edited:
The Magpul MBUS rear sights are 1.42" above the rail to center of aperture , the front sight "same planes " to that height. That height is considered to be standard, but not 100% universal. The Ruger Rapid Deploy are shorter. Change out one or the other. I would stick with the Magpul.

The Magpul MBUS rear sights are 1.42" above the rail to center of aperture , the front sight "same planes " to that height. That height is considered to be standard, but not 100% universal. The Ruger Rapid Deploy are shorter. Change out one or the other. I would stick with the Magpul.
Dang you! 🥴 I didn't want to buy anything else!!!! Haha I was afraid this was going to be the answer!!

Thanks!

I had already thought about filing the front sight, but hate to do that on a mismatched set. I even asked the owner of the gun store if they'd work together and he said "Yes, they are all the same height!" pffft
You can easily buy a new post later, I'd just file it to work. Free fix, really.

You can easily buy a new post later, I'd just file it to work. Free fix, really.
This. If you are hesitant because you don't want to "ruin" the post, you can buy inexpensive replacements and swap them very easily.

But I'm more apt to just buy what I wanted and sell the one I don't... I shot for years before someone had me try an HK style sight, now everything is getting replaced anyway :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top