JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No tube of titanium or steel or aluminum with some baffles inside should ever cost 1000 dollars or more. It shouldn't cost any more than a maglight (sic) flash light does.

A 3-Cell D Maglite costs $28.99 on Amazon. Good luck waiting for a quality, centerfire suppressor, with titanium baffles, being offered at that price point.

Not sure I could disagree more...

As a metal fab guy with some machining experience knowing what it takes to produce stuff in exotic materials in relatively small quantities I can unequivocally say the prices for suppressers is not out of line.

I also disagree that you made the right call buy not buying one. I bought 5 last year. I have all of them now and I'll be out playing with them every weekend while you wait a year or two to see what happens?

Even if you save the $200 stamp I think I got the better deal.

^. This.

Totally ghost gun man...:D

(gasp!) But according to some, ghost guns have a .30-caliber clip!

:s0112:

What if the election went the other way and she stopped all sales of suppressors.
Tough cookies if you weren't grandfathered in with some.

Indeed. I've got no regrets getting into suppressors (and NFA in general) when I did. If one I have waiting is freed sooner, and I can buy them like Title I items moving forward, then fantastic. :)

Most rifle cans use things like Inconel, Monel, Stellite and yes Titanium. Materials that are very hard to machine and cost huge amounts of money for raw stock (10-100 times as much as steel)

Simple aluminum.22 cans are available for as little as $99, once you get up into rifle calibers steel and aluminum just don't cut it.
Consider myself educated. Not familiar enough to comment further on those metals, I'll adhere to your knowledge.

I see lots of stainless steel and titanium out there at, for what I consider, too expensive. That's my main gripe.

I do chalk up some of the extra cost to the fees and licensing I imagine is involved to manufacture these things.

I'm just trying to poke a few bears.

Consider myself educated. Not familiar enough to comment further on those metals, I'll adhere to your knowledge.

I see lots of stainless steel and titanium out there at, for what I consider, too expensive. That's my main gripe.

I do chalk up some of the extra cost to the fees and licensing I imagine is involved to manufacture these things.

I'm just trying to poke a few bears.

I'll consider myself poked

OOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr.........

This could be grandstanding in order to separate themselves from the prior/current "doctrine" and survive not being purged or passed over for promotion within the ranks by the new executive administration that's about to take full-hold of the reins.

o_O

Now are you implying that this guy is an azz kisser or brown noser?
You would be correct, carry on...:D

IMG_0365.JPG

Same 'white paper' sort of crap that said you can't touch an AR pistol brace to your shoulder or you are a felon?

Screw them, they probably see the writing on the wall that in a perfect world would erase their division of the government.

They can go suck a rotten egg.

So am I just insane or does the section regarding Destructive Devices sound like we could possibly see DD manufacturers serialize an entire lot of projectiles instead of a per device serialization scheme that equates to noone manufacturing REALLY fun ammunition for DD's?.

I'd imagine one would still need to have the proper explosives magazine to store them in but imagine being able to buy a can of 40mm or a crate of 60mm mortar shells. Not being limited to 400$ M407AI 40mm would be a dream when it comes to those who aren't .mil/manufacturers .

I never even imagined I'd hear of something like this happening, whats next, no Hughes amendment ? No 68 GCA ? Dare I Say it ? No NFA ?

if you folks would excuse me, I have letters to write, we can't let the next 4 years (hopefully 8) go to waste

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top