JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

So, if I want to sell of some of my collection, some of which are "self defense" guns, but I don't sell off all my guns, or I buy a new one after that sale, the ATF says I must have a FFL. Gee, that sounds like damn near everyone on this forum. Are our classifieds now basically illegal, at least until overturned?

Indeed, but now I have to sort out what I am doing with my collection. I started buying things again last year for the first time in years, and I decided I just wanted to fill out my collection as much as I could before the crazy times start again (election season, donchaknow). I have been visiting the auction sites pretty heavily, and while I did manage to snag most of what I wanted, I do have duplicates and stuff I don't like as much as I thought I would. My plan was to take inventory and dump it all in a short time frame (and maybe turn that into more stuff I still kinda want).

Now I did know this was coming down the pipe, but I thought since we were a mandatory BGC state it would not really be a problem for us; just take the guns to an FFL, put them on commission or something and he does all the paperwork and covers everything legally. Simple, easy, done deal. But this analysis say that me just giving the FFL the guns to sell would constitute "being in the business" myself. So now I need an FFL just to have an FFL sell my guns for me.

And this is nothing to say of my hazy plans to start a hobby gunsmith shop (no transfers, you swing by my garage, we fix whats broke, you give me a few bucks and go on your way). This law explicitly states (as far as I can tell) that just working on guns is "being in the business" and there seems to be no exemption for conducting yourself in such a way that no "transfer" happens. Hey feds; what if I am smiting on my own guns huh? Am I a felon because I used my own lathe on my own barrel without an FFL? Inquiring minds want to know. . .

Indeed, but now I have to sort out what I am doing with my collection. I started buying things again last year for the first time in years, and I decided I just wanted to fill out my collection as much as I could before the crazy times start again (election season, donchaknow). I have been visiting the auction sites pretty heavily, and while I did manage to snag most of what I wanted, I do have duplicates and stuff I don't like as much as I thought I would. My plan was to take inventory and dump it all in a short time frame (and maybe turn that into more stuff I still kinda want).

Now I did know this was coming down the pipe, but I thought since we were a mandatory BGC state it would not really be a problem for us; just take the guns to an FFL, put them on commission or something and he does all the paperwork and covers everything legally. Simple, easy, done deal. But this analysis say that me just giving the FFL the guns to sell would constitute "being in the business" myself. So now I need an FFL just to have an FFL sell my guns for me.

And this is nothing to say of my hazy plans to start a hobby gunsmith shop (no transfers, you swing by my garage, we fix whats broke, you give me a few bucks and go on your way). This law explicitly states (as far as I can tell) that just working on guns is "being in the business" and there seems to be no exemption for conducting yourself in such a way that no "transfer" happens. Hey feds; what if I am smiting on my own guns huh? Am I a felon because I used my own lathe on my own barrel without an FFL? Inquiring minds want to know. . .
As far as IM concerned, guns prior to Oregons SB941, it's game on. I'm NOT advocating for breaking the law but.........like I've said before, trust the people you trust.....

The more people talk about this krap, the more those sunny beaches troll sites. I'd conduct yourselves as usual and keep lips zipped shut. I've never understood why people in these forums wanna cut thier own marbles off by keep on talking about this chit.
The liberals don't need a scheme to take anything. All they have to do is come on places like here and listen to people jabbering away and take notes, and it's as good as done. People never seem to learn.

Last Edited:
A less alarmist view of the changes.

The more people talk about this krap, the more those sunny beaches troll sites. I'd conduct yourselves as usual and keep lips zipped shut. I've never understood why people in these forums wanna cut thier own marbles off by keep on talking about this chit.
The liberals don't need a scheme to take anything. All they have to do is come on places like here and listen to people jabbering away and take notes, and it's as good and done. People never seem to learn.
Yep, because strangling our community ourselves is a much better option. Heads they win, tails we lose right? If they can scare us into not even talking about it how in the hell are other people supposed to know there is even a problem? If we cannot openly talk about the abuse and how it impacts us as individuals we will never have any outreach to people who would be inclined to vote against such abuse if they were to be made aware of it. Instead of shutting up we should be getting on the rooftops and shouting how this abuse impacts us personally. And this should be true whether you are a "will not comply" type or the "risk is too high and I have a <something> to take care of" type, or anything in between. If they can make us hide they can make us seem like the unreasonable weirdos who need to be controlled, rather than the actual majority we are. Basically anything else is helping them put the boot on our neck, either through passive attrition or by actively helping them enforce their message (no matter how unwittingly).

I'm a long ways from being afraid of the antis. But I've been at this long enough to hear antis say exactly what I've just said. They don't need to come up with solutions to disarm us, people do it to themselves by giving the antis their next tactics to roll with come the next legislation session Jan 2025. They just troll on here and take notes.
Far as people who don't know. IF they're really a gun enthusiast they WILL figure things out or stay on top of what's going on from the word go. See how it works out by talking about it all. I promise you it will get worse.
Just like back in the day when every damn outfit selling 80% lowers broadcasted them touting how the government won't know you have them or find them, and i know THEE man who started casting them to start with. Now look how that chit turned out. Now in WA they had to get serial numbers engraved on them as of last March. People talk too.much about a good thing, then they ruin the chit. They should have just bought them built them and went by the old saying " I see nothing, I know nothing, and I hear nothing" and if everyone had done that things would have been a helluva lot better off than we are now. The old military term loose lips sinks ships, most definitely and assuredly applies here.
Nothing like telling the enemies of our hobby how to strip us of our rights and things we own buy or sell I'd just go about business as usual buy and sell and not worry about it period. They're gonna have one helluva Damm hard time logistically trying to stop it all. I been at this 50 plus yrs and have relatives who own full time gunshops. There's a lotttt of ways to get things done if ya know what you're doin. 😉 👍

I'm a long ways from being afraid of the antis. But I've been at this long enough to hear antis say exactly what I've just said. They don't need to come up with solutions to disarm us, people do it to themselves by giving the antis their next tactics to roll with come the next legislation session Jan 2025. They just troll on here and take notes.
Far as people who don't know. IF they're really a gun enthusiast they WILL figure things out or stay on top of what's going on from the word go. See how it works out by talking about it all. I promise you it will get worse.
Just like back in the day when every damn outfit selling 80% lowers broadcasted them touting how the government won't know you have them or find them, and i know THEE man who started casting them to start with. Now look how that chit turned out. Now in WA they had to get serial numbers engraved on them as of last March. People talk too.much about a good thing, then they ruin the chit. They should have just bought them built them and went by the old saying " I see nothing, I know nothing, and I hear nothing" and if everyone had done that things would have been a helluva lot better off than we are now. The old military term loose lips sinks ships, most definitely and assuredly applies here.
Nothing like telling the enemies of our hobby how to strip us of our rights and things we own buy or sell I'd just go about business as usual buy and sell and not worry about it period. They're gonna have one helluva Damm hard time logistically trying to stop it all. I been at this 50 plus yrs and have relatives who own full time gunshops. There's a lotttt of ways to get things done if ya know what you're doin. 😉 👍
How ya 'posa know what yer doin'?

Joe

You study things like I have all my life. That's how ya know what you're doing. If a person is going be in this hobby. You learn things just the same ol fashioned way we did it, before the internet existed. Hang around gun guys and pick thier brains IN person. 👍 a lot of guys are not what I consider to be serious real gun guys.
If a person is, you tend to eat, sleep, and breath all things gun. I used to subscribe to 20 and more gun magazine companies each month and read everything in each one. That's a great way to gain knowledge. 😉

The liberals don't need a scheme to take anything. All they have to do is come on places like here and listen to people jabbering away and take notes, and it's as good as done. People never seem to learn.
I understand your point, but have to agree that what I also hear in that is that the woke strategy of making people fearful of exercising their 1A right to speak about ideology that is contrary to their agenda.... is working.

If you can make people afraid to voice ideas contrary to your own, the battle is half won.

Something to ponder, hu.🤔

Last Edited:
A less alarmist view of the changes.
Oh no, we need the YouTube click bait rage machine!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top