JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking at a new AR15, and I noticed inside the upper, just below the channel the charging handle rides in, there are some light gouges or abrasions that have completely worn off the finishing. This is supposed to be a brand new, never fired rifle and I was wondering if this is normal or typical and to be expected...

What do you guys think?

absolutly not normal i have uppers with thousands of rounds through them and none of them look like that contact the dealer and demand a exchange

I don't really want to give any bad will towards the manufacturer (I have read nothing but good comments/reviews of them to date)... it just may be one bad upper. It happens occasionally in mass production.

But thanks for the replies... I'll contact them in the morning :)

How does it shoot?
Does the cosmetic internal "Blem" affect the function of the rifle?

I don't think I have seen that exact situation, but the internal parts of an AR will show wear.

Looks almost like the manufacturer used a dremel to remove a burr in the charging handle slot. This wouldn't cause me any concern.

If the gun works, I wouldn't worry about it.

Looks like some kind of deburring mark, machining is done before parts are sent off for hard anodizing. It's also possible the bolt/carrier had a burr or some metal chips on them during final assembly, but even vulcan isn't so sloppy as to insert a part with burrs or metal chips on them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top