Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

New 1911 grips in cocobolo w/ gold Colt medallion

Discussion in 'Part & Accessory Classifieds' started by Malibu38368, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Malibu38368

Malibu38368 Unincorporated WA Co. Member

Yeah, so...

I bought these spiffy new cocobolo grips on evilBay last week. They showed up yesterday and... there's a ginormous gold Colt medallion smack in the middle of them that the seller kinda forgot to mention (odd, since the picture with the auction sure didn't seem to have these, either). I suppose this would be great if I had a Colt, but I'm trying to turn my Springer into an interwar GI clone. Yeah...

So anyway, I now have a set of 1911 grips that I don't really have a need for, so I thought I'd see if anyone here would like them. The grain is quite nice IMNSHO: good light/dark striations running pretty much straight up through the grip. They're not cut for an ambi safety, but appear to be notched to clear an extended left-side thumb safety.

I paid about $30 after shipping for them, and I'll mail them off for $30 if you're interested. If you're in Washington County or the more westerly parts of the Portland Metro area, I'd be glad to deliver them for $25.

Or, I'll trade you straight across for another pair of 1911 grips (as you might guess, I'm looking for the traditional double-diamond checkered style in rosewood or cocobolo).

Not super great, but the best pic I was able to get. It's reasonably accurate as far as colour and detail go, but the grips are couple shades darker overall in natural light.
    DSCN1980-1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  2. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

You know you are protected and can file a claim for "item not as described"....get your money back but it could take a couple weeks.....

3. Malibu38368

Yeah, I know.

However, the product is not technically defective (in the sense that I've bought vintage suits in "perfect" condition only to find a giant gaping moth hole in an obvious location) and the price wasn't excessive (at least, not in my opinion). The seller also took three business days (and four mail-days) to bother to ship, for which they charged almost three times the actual cost. And lastly, I see that the same listing is back (this does appear to be a B&M store) with the same photo and description. I'm left to believe that they must be out of the "plain" style.

All things considered, I'd just rather not bother with shipping it back and seeking a refund. Figured someone here might be interested and, if not, maybe I'll have to buy a Colt someday? =)

(FWIW, I did note in the feedback that the item was not as described.)

4. turq

turq Molino,oregon Member

I'll take them for my Colt backup gladly for $30 I'm in Ore.City. pm info sent.

5. Malibu38368

Sold! =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.