JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Yeah, so...

I bought these spiffy new cocobolo grips on evilBay last week. They showed up yesterday and... there's a ginormous gold Colt medallion smack in the middle of them that the seller kinda forgot to mention (odd, since the picture with the auction sure didn't seem to have these, either). I suppose this would be great if I had a Colt, but I'm trying to turn my Springer into an interwar GI clone. Yeah...

So anyway, I now have a set of 1911 grips that I don't really have a need for, so I thought I'd see if anyone here would like them. The grain is quite nice IMNSHO: good light/dark striations running pretty much straight up through the grip. They're not cut for an ambi safety, but appear to be notched to clear an extended left-side thumb safety.

I paid about $30 after shipping for them, and I'll mail them off for $30 if you're interested. If you're in Washington County or the more westerly parts of the Portland Metro area, I'd be glad to deliver them for $25.

Or, I'll trade you straight across for another pair of 1911 grips (as you might guess, I'm looking for the traditional double-diamond checkered style in rosewood or cocobolo).

Not super great, but the best pic I was able to get. It's reasonably accurate as far as colour and detail go, but the grips are couple shades darker overall in natural light.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I know.

However, the product is not technically defective (in the sense that I've bought vintage suits in "perfect" condition only to find a giant gaping moth hole in an obvious location) and the price wasn't excessive (at least, not in my opinion). The seller also took three business days (and four mail-days) to bother to ship, for which they charged almost three times the actual cost. And lastly, I see that the same listing is back (this does appear to be a B&M store) with the same photo and description. I'm left to believe that they must be out of the "plain" style.

All things considered, I'd just rather not bother with shipping it back and seeking a refund. Figured someone here might be interested and, if not, maybe I'll have to buy a Colt someday? =)

(FWIW, I did note in the feedback that the item was not as described.)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top