JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Draw then chamber is just too risky. Ever been at the range and cycle the slide to load your pistol and that first round hangs up on you? It's uncommon but you have already added prescious time to your reaction to a threat, now you have to go through the drill of dealing with a failure to feed. There is a reason most manufacturers say to open the slide, insert the mag, then use the slide release to reliably load the chamber.
I carry an xdM often, appendix. Just keep that trigger finger straight.

Draw then chamber is just too risky. Ever been at the range and cycle the slide to load your pistol and that first round hangs up on you? It's uncommon but you have already added prescious time to your reaction to a threat, now you have to go through the drill of dealing with a failure to feed. There is a reason most manufacturers say to open the slide, insert the mag, then use the slide release to reliably load the chamber.
I carry an xdM often, appendix. Just keep that trigger finger straight.
Agreed. I would never want to be in a position to have to depend on racking a round under stress with my life depending on it. Way to unpredictable. I've practiced much unholstering with keeping that finger straight on the slide. and re holstering with my hand off the grip safety. Im just going to keep practicing a couple more days and then Im sure I will be ready.

One thing I have noticed when looking at kydex holsters from different manufacturers is that the kydex is cut so it is leaving a small gap at the back of the trigger guard you can see through. Many of them I have looked at have this issue. Is this a problem or should I be looking for something with 100 percent coverage of that trigger guard?
Personally, I prefer a completely covered trigger guard, regardless of the holster material...

This is a Concealment Express for my Shield 45

14353852-8610-4A7F-80E2-81AD15D4B5BD.jpeg

Here's my humble suggestion. Load and chamber your side arm with a snap cap and an empty mag. Be sure it is made ready to fire with the first trigger pull. Repeat- snap cap! LOL Gear up and carry it how you will. Check it at the end of each day to see if it has "fired". It will give you confidence in your pistol's safety measures. Repeat as needed until your fear is passed. Then you can choose to carry it live knowing it won't fire unless you pull the trigger, etc, so forth, and so on. Best wishes!

There are not many fans of wheel guns these days, but revolvers fit the aiwb very well. The cylinder finds the spot and rides nicely. I often carry my N frame 327 pc, or L frame night guard and was surprised at how comfortable it is.

Ive been carrying a 9mm XDM 4.5 for years. ALL variations of carry. NEVER had an issue. Same operating system. With that being said, practice. Minus blowing your dick off. If you follow the rules, you shouldnt have a problem one....just sayn. Keep your bubbleguming finger off the goddamn trigger, thats the main problem......good night

I appendix carried a Glock 29 when I was younger and skinnier. Now it's less comfortable.

As long as you are carrying a rigid kydex/molded polymer holster correct for your pistol it is a non issue.

If you use a leather/uncle mikes then it will be possible that you could shoot your junk off. Even good quality leather can develop problems as a result of moisture and wear.

I decided today to just chamber a round and get used to it. Been a couple hours so far and honestly it's not so bad at all. Definitely was psyching myself up for nothing.

Now it's on too trying different holsters to see what's most comfortable. I got some great leads from all you guys on where to look. I just wish there was a way to test them without buying ha!

Yeah, I won't appendix carry because I can't crouch, sit, bend over etc without A, jamming it in my gut, and B, violating the rule that says never point it at something you're not willing to destroy.

I appendix carry an xds chambered with confidence. Find a good quality holster that works for you. The XDS has the grip safety along with a fairly heavy trigger pull as you already know. The gun will not fire by itself, just use sound handling techniques. It's all about attitude.

Have you looked into alien gear holsters that what I use to conceal my full size 1911 at the 3 o'clock. It's very comfortable and carry all day with out filling wanted down plus they just recently came out with their new system that comes with appendix, iwb, and owb. It' called shapeshifter

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top