JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry I guess I am too lazy to sift thru all the threads/posts here on Form 1 products(good stuff though). Can someone tell me where to find a KIT that can handle 223 that is $250 or less? Wishful thinking?
Thanks

Use a muzzle break suppressor adapter instead of a flash hider one when using cheaper kit component internals, it will help with first in line baffle erosion.

It's a $200 tax stamp, for even the worst of the kits. It's easy for me to say and feel that way as a type 7 FFL/SOT 2 that can own cans at dealer cost without the hassle and wait. I have a lot of good, regular customers that have been extremely disappointed with their kit cans and feel the $200 stamp was a bit of a waste. For 223/5.56 there are some pretty inexpensive cans like the Gemtech Trek's. I get the desire for more "instant gratification" provided by doing a form 1, but unless someone has been able to audition a similar kit can on their firearm, it can lead to some disappointment.

Most of my cans are Form 1's. They work as well or better than my commercial cans. Its all in the finish machining.
The performance of a can has more to do with the design of the can than anything. Go ahead and believe what you wish, but we have extensive tests with accurate meters that show kit cans aren't compatible to a quality can from a good manufacturer.

The performance of a can has more to do with the design of the can than anything. Go ahead and believe what you wish, but we have extensive tests with accurate meters that show kit cans aren't compatible to a quality can from a good manufacturer.
Simply not true. Stating so simply means you've likely never heard, shot, built or seen a good form 1 build.

Simply not true. Stating so simply means you've likely never heard, shot, built or seen a good form 1 build.
I'm a type 7 FFL and SOT 2. I can guarantee I have a lot more experience with both than you do, and actual tests, not subjective opinion that I base my statements on. I can legally complete a kit and shoot it the same day, and have done so many times, with many different kits. Folks wants to believe they can save money and have some as good as something from a manufacturer with actual R&D and years of experience. Maybe it's possible in rare instances, but it's certainly not common.

Sure. Believe whatever you want. There is no difference between a commercial 50 degree notched cone set and a home finished 50 degree notched cone set. Its not rocket science. Sure, any idiot can build a bad silencer but theres so many good options out there for what are basically undrilled silencers out there . There is no reason a form1 suppressor cannot equal or better the performance and durability of a commercial. The quietest .22 silencer Ive ever heard is a form 1 radial modular on one of my Rugers and the Flo kits from quelltech will outperform any centerfire rifle can . Yes, Any rifle can. Unless you've metered one you dont know what you're talking about. I was an 02/07 for 20 years.

safe_image.jpg quell.jpg

Acting like can design is some crazy thing that can't be mimicked in a garage by even a novice machinist is hilarious. Several form 1 cans are exact or extremely close copies. Some are extremely well made and of the best material, design and machining.

Acting like can design is some crazy thing that can't be mimicked in a garage by even a novice machinist is hilarious. Several form 1 cans are exact or extremely close copies. Some are extremely well made and of the best material, design and machining.
Picked up a used drill press to screw up some form 1 cans the other day.

bridgeport.jpg

We use 2 $1400 Flir Exotech decible meters. We take actual measurements, and don't go by 'Bob said this is more quiet than the Gemtech". We have a machine shop and make things like muzzle brakes. If folks want to save some money and time, a form 1 kit is an option. I believe options are good. Folks just shouldn't kid themselves too much about quality and performance.

We use 2 $1400 Flir Exotech decible meters. We take actual measurements, and don't go by 'Bob said this is more quiet than the Gemtech". We have a machine shop and make things like muzzle brakes. If folks want to save some money and time, a form 1 kit is an option. I believe options are good. Folks just shouldn't kid themselves too much about quality and performance.
Order one of these. Build it. Meter it. Then come back with an informed opinion.

"Extensive testing has shown cars from dealerships are more better than cars bought off Craig's List" o_O

Hum, ok. But lacking specific info on the builds that's not really all that informative