JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My hands shake because of nerve damage. I was wondering when shooting pistols is there a way to steady the weapon better?
I have tryed everything from no caffine to deep breathing, Stance. I still hit center mass but would like to improve. Thank you.

Do you take any neurological medications such as Doxepin or Requip ? My wife takes both of those and they help her quite a bit. If I were you I would talk to my primary care doc or neurologist if I had one. How about exercise ? When I was a gym rat ( I am not anymore ) my pistol scores were much higher just by having added upper body strength.

Clambo

Do you take any neurological medications such as Doxepin or Requip ? My wife takes both of those and they help her quite a bit. If I were you I would talk to my primary care doc or neurologist if I had one. How about exercise ? When I was a gym rat ( I am not anymore ) my pistol scores were much higher just by having added upper body strength.

Clambo
Thank you,No pharmacy. Side effects. Exercise? OH YEA!!! I get up at 4am every morning and sit practice, Then joint mobility, muscle,tendon stretching , then qi gong, energy work and tai chi. wheather hard style or healing. Now my day starts. Ether total construction and maintenance or in the office. then evening hobbies. To relax, beers.

lowly monk: Is it both hands that shake or just your shooting hand? And is the tremor an intentional sort of tremor in that it pardoxically gets worse when you try to hold it steady? Have you tried out other shooting positions to see if any of them work better: isosceles, weaver, etc.?

TMann

Honestly, lowly monk, my suggestion is to switch your grip to what is most comfortable/accurate for you and your condition. There are several grip techniques available, some of which have been around since pistols were invented. What grip techniques have you used so far?

This one is known as the Cup and Saucer grip...

This one is more of a wrist stabalizing grip (also known as the TJ Hooker grip)...

Although these techniques are listed as "INCORRECT" they may work better for you due to your medical condition. They are surely worth a try if you haven't already tried them.

It all depends on what you're shooting for.

25 yards is at the extreme outside of what you could ever imagine shooting at a person at. In almost ALL imaginable circumstances, the actual distance will be at well under 7 yards for a non LEO, and still at the 90th+ percentile, even for cops.

define the shooting you want to do. If it's buullseye, that's one hing. If it's defensive shooting techniques, that's another thing altogether.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top