JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have a friend with a farm. We go to help slaughter sheep for her. She can't reliably use a knife due to size. We shoot the sheep in the head and then slit its rhroat when it drops.

I have been using my 1911 in 45.

This last week coyotes got in and killed 6 but didn't finish them and she needed to use a 22 to put a couple down.

She wants a 45 but is low on money. I don't think faster bullets with more penetration are good for this job. 9mm and 40 would do it but slower I think and risk of over penetration.

I think for her a hipoint 45 is perfect. Could use in emergency and for slaughter (in a traditional sense).

I need to find her a gun shop that is woman friendly that won't try to get her into an AR or Kimber Custom that she doesn't need or want.

She is not going to carry. She is not interested in shooting from a distance or recreational shooting. She wants a farm implement.

Any gun stores come to mind?

Thank you.

Researched them a lot. They look like a lego gun but they're reliable. No moving parts. Designed like a sub machine gun. They are guns for gun idiots and my friend is very clever and smart but she doesn't know bubblegum about guns. She's going to use a magazine a year if that and all on the farm.

I'd never recommend one to anyone else.

I have an XDM, a Mauser broomhandle and a 1911. You don't know how painful it was for me to come to the conclusion that the hipoint was the right choice.

That having been said any .45 under $200 should be considered.

I will act on your recommendation.

They mobile guys that slaughter locker beef use a .22mag; puts em down lickity-split.

8-18 years old, I helped my grandfather slaughter; he used his .30-30 once; on a large bull.

Hogs and steers, we used a .22mag.

For sheep, we used the super- majority in the legislature...:D

The Cabela's in that area have a pretty fair gun desk; so I've heard.

I'll second GunRunnerArms in Junction City. Adam and family are great and prices are fair. Easy to find, Hwy 99 on the left coming into JC, just look for the (Woohoo it's Raindeer Season) sign.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top