JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you missing any hairbrushes? You may not need to pull the toilet again.

I second the suggestion of using an "inspection mirror" and a flashlight. These are cheap at auto supply stores. They also sell flexible "grabbers" which might help. This method saved my sanity. I think. Nevermind.

I wish to announce that turds are largely made up of grease, and if your toilet is plugged ****-n-Span will quickly dissolve the mess so that it can drain and you can look for your obstruction in tranquility. Pour in a half-cup of ****-n-Span , which is mostly grease-cutting trisodium-phosphate, and let it soak an hour or so. If it has not drained by itself, give it a plunge, and the softened turds will likely drain.

NOW, after the toilet is filled with only clean water, flush it like ten times in a row quickly. If it backs up, you definitely have a partial drain line blockage. It will drain slowly until the whole drain pipe is filled up and it backs up the toilet. Or, it might need some turds downstream to temporarily plug up the partial blockage and fill up the whole drainpipe.

As someone said, it is unlikely that a long sewer snake will detect or remove a partial drain pipe blockage. You will need to rent the electric rotary cutter, like "Roto-Rooter" uses......................elsullo :(

A close spelling of the household cleaning product is: Spec-n-Span!..........................elsullo :cool:

Are you missing any hairbrushes? You may not need to pull the toilet again.

I second the suggestion of using an "inspection mirror" and a flashlight. These are cheap at auto supply stores. They also sell flexible "grabbers" which might help. This method saved my sanity. I think. Nevermind.

I wish to announce that turds are largely made up of grease, and if your toilet is plugged ****-n-Span will quickly dissolve the mess so that it can drain and you can look for your obstruction in tranquility. Pour in a half-cup of ****-n-Span , which is mostly grease-cutting trisodium-phosphate, and let it soak an hour or so. If it has not drained by itself, give it a plunge, and the softened turds will likely drain.

NOW, after the toilet is filled with only clean water, flush it like ten times in a row quickly. If it backs up, you definitely have a partial drain line blockage. It will drain slowly until the whole drain pipe is filled up and it backs up the toilet. Or, it might need some turds downstream to temporarily plug up the partial blockage and fill up the whole drainpipe.

As someone said, it is unlikely that a long sewer snake will detect or remove a partial drain pipe blockage. You will need to rent the electric rotary cutter, like "Roto-Rooter" uses......................elsullo :(

Update:

This morning I finally had time to tackle this problem. I went to the local Fred-Meyer and bought a new wax ring since I was going to remove the toilet and take it outside to give it the once over and see if I could find any obstructions.......I bought the wax ring, a new plunger, and some drain cleaner. On my way home, my wife called me and said that the toilet was working properly now..flushed just great!
I guess the problem, whatever it was, worked itself out on it's own, because it flushes like it's supposed to now. Hopefully this problem won't return in the future.

Thanks to my fellow NWFA brothers who helped me with this. It is very much appreciated! :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top