JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a winchester 1894 30wcf octogon barrel, serial # 15XXX, the research I have done says it was built in 1895.. took it to a couple gun shops and this is what the one that acted like he knew something said... it was rebarelled(I dont think so) to a long barrel, it has 2 small holes in the side by the hammer, guess there was a different type of sight in it at 1 time. and the worst part is the 2 small brass looking braze spots in the metal peice that goes back into the butt stock. It does have double set triggers and what looks to be elk horn sights. they also seemed real interested in the leather sling that has double holes with brass hooks,buckles. that I guess is kinda rare. oh I did shoot my first deer with it 24ish years ago.and the action still works flawlessly!

Last Edited:
GunBroker.com Message Forums - Winchester Model 1894 facts (updated 7/20/11)

The set triggers are very rare 1.46% of early model 1894's had this option.

The repaired tang greatly reduces the rifles value.

Show us a photo of the trademark on the top of the barrel. If its not there then you have a replaced barrel and the value of the rifle is as a shooter with neat triggers. Not much more then maybe 800 bucks. If the barrel is original then if the tang can be properly gas welded and repaired then you would be looking at a more valuable rifle but still a LONG ways from one in original condition.

The sling looks like a million other GI surplus leather slings. Maybe worth $20.00 if still in original condition and in super nice shape.

hopefully this is what you are talking about.. just have to make a decision, I want another ar before its too late so thinking this may have to go??!! its been sitting in the safe for prob 20 years

The tang looks to be cracked all the way across. This is significant damage that severely damages the collectors value of this gun. I think it's fixable, but it would take a good amount of skill and effort. I wouldn't even know where to start the value of a gun that severely damaged...

The good news is that even parted out, it has a good amount of value.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews