JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking to get my 10/22 setup with a bipod/sling combo. I've had my 10/22 for a couple years now but never really looked into actually doing this. I took a look and found that what I think is the normal location for a bipod/sling setup is uber close to where the magazine is. My main cause for concern is that I use the 25rd mags.

Now I have watched a few YouTube videos here and there and read a pretty good amount of how it can be done, but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience doing this. My gut tells me that I will need to drill and install the swivel stud towards the barrel band or use an aftermarket barrel band.

Questions:
1) Whats better (ie durability, easy to do) install swivel stud or aftermarket barrel band and why?
a) If swivel stud, how far back from the barrel band should it be and any recommendations?
b) If aftermarket barrel band, any recommendations?

Here's a couple shots of what I'm talking about:

20141026_172811.jpg

20141026_172829.jpg

Here is a pic of my Ruger 10/22 so you can see the placement of the swivel studs.. I was able to install them with relative ease. As long as you have a vise to secure the stock before you drill the holes for the swivel studs you should be fine. Also make sure the stock is level so you can drill straight into it and your swivels won't be cockeyed. You could also go with one of these universal single rail barrel mounts for the bipod instead of a different barrel band.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001WJ0CFQ...TF8&colid=2C5UGK0APD1YU&coliid=I1TOJRBXH9JLOZ IMG_1444.JPG

Should be behind the barrel band . How do you get the barrel band off now for cleaning /stock removal?
There is also a barrel band adapter mount but does not work unless you have a metal barrel band.
The rear swivel should be between 2 to 2 1/2 inches from the end of the stock.
Bipod will attach to the Sling Swivel stud and it has a stud for the sling attachment then.

http://www.harrisbipods.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytEVfMShOvI&spfreload=10

Last Edited:
That screw near the magazine has nothing to do w/ a sling. It is the forward action screw that secures the barreled action into the stock. Take a slightly undersized drill bit (smaller than the sling swivel stud) and drill the stock behind or in front of the barrel band (your preference). Easy peezy..........take the money you would spend on a bipod and attend an Appleseed Event to learn the basics of marksmanship utilizing your new found sling.....:)

I replaced my daughters stock with the Blackhawk also. It has a short distance from the grip to the trigger for small hands and a adjustable stock for small arms.

The other option for a original stock is to remove the barrel band and put a screw-in swivel in the bottom where it was located. Most after market stocks don't have barrel bands anyway.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top