JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been recently told that if letters and emails are sent to the Oregon AG that all petition drives must stop pending review of the written complaint. I'm referring to the petition drive for IP 43. I have been involved in a discussion and this gentleman has informed me of this, yet signature gathering is still continuing. What he is saying doesn't make sense to me and I have not been able to verify this information.

I am really having a hard time with all the misinformation that's being flown out there. Even when one is presented with facts, these people (pro 2nd Amendment people) won't back down from their claim that they are right, even if they are clearly wrong. I have tried to suggest better ways of combating this horrific petition but I get called names and told I don't know what I'm talking about. Yet, they parade around with open carry weapons and confederate battle flags screaming molon labe, all of which the lefties absolutely detest. This will stop nothing but does reaffirm in the lefties minds they are correct that we are all lunatics. If you can provide any information on whether or not these emails stop the process completely or only suspend the process I would be more than appreciative.

Call the Oregon Elections division and ask. When we did the recall petition I was surprised at how helpful and willing to answer questions they were. I called them multiple times to ask how to do something or clarify rules. Pretty much the only government entity that I talked to that did not sound completely corrupt. It was actually refreshing.

503 986 1518

Also, search for manuals on the SOS site:
Oregon Secretary of State

look for the manual on how to do a petition for an initiative. It should cover the complaint process too. The instruction manuals for the recall petitions were very good.

Oregon Elections division is actually very good on information and transparency. And I rarely say anything positive about anything government related

Thanks Bill, I've looked through the manual but didn't see in there were it says the signature collectors must stop gathering signatures if someone or someone's are contesting any part of the petition. I only read in there that people have the right to contest the title. I may have missed something

They can't even start collection signatures until they get a final approval for circulation of the petitions. That comes AFTER all challenges to the title have been resolved, and any Supreme Court challenges are dealt with. At least that's how I read it. That's why it is imperative that we protest the title of this
thing--delay the beginning of gathering signatures as long as possible---the hard deadline to submit
signatures is July 6th. If they don't have them by then--it doesn't go on the ballot.

So-----if you see somebody currently gathering signatures for 43, video, names and police would be a reasonable response.

They can't even start collection signatures until they get a final approval for circulation of the petitions. That comes AFTER all challenges to the title have been resolved, and any Supreme Court challenges are dealt with. At least that's how I read it. That's why it is imperative that we protest the title of this
thing--delay the beginning of gathering signatures as long as possible---the hard deadline to submit
signatures is July 6th. If they don't have them by then--it doesn't go on the ballot.

So-----if you see somebody currently gathering signatures for 43, video, names and police would be a reasonable response.

Do they have an electronic petition set up? (the one you download, sign and send in). If so that would be actively collecting signatures before approval as well.

Do they have an electronic petition set up? (the one you download, sign and send in). If so that would be actively collecting signatures before approval as well.
Can't find any evidence of an electronic petition. Did find this:

"Signature sheets individually mailed or delivered directly to the Elections Division by someone other than a chief petitioner or an authorized agent will not be accepted."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top