JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a Seattle resident who's just getting into firearms—great time with all the talk of AWB and magazine bans. I've been looking into a good training course that would teach me how to properly use my Glock 19 and carbine. So far, I've taken an intro course at West Coast Armory and I've been really impressed but having found Firearms Academy of Seattle and Insight Training, I realize 3-4 hours doesn't seem like enough time compare to 1-2 days.

I was wondering if folks had any idea on how F.A.S. and Insight compare to one another and to West Coast Armory's offering? Right now, I'm looking at Defensive Handgun Use at Insight and Defensive Handgun at F.A.S.

I'm a Seattle resident who's just getting into firearms—great time with all the talk of AWB and magazine bans. I've been looking into a good training course that would teach me how to properly use my Glock 19 and carbine. So far, I've taken an intro course at West Coast Armory and I've been really impressed but having found Firearms Academy of Seattle and Insight Training, I realize 3-4 hours doesn't seem like enough time compare to 1-2 days.

I was wondering if folks had any idea on how F.A.S. and Insight compare to one another and to West Coast Armory's offering? Right now, I'm looking at Defensive Handgun Use at Insight and Defensive Handgun at F.A.S.
And you don't always have to pay for a class.
Once you get the basics
You can always shoot on your own
1 or 2 days is better than 3 or 4 hours.
I go to the range 1 or 2 time's a month
Some time indoor range some time outdoor range .THE MORE TIME SHOOTING THE BETTER .
granted most RANGES will not let you draw and shoot but you can always practice from the low ready .
Double tap and do it again and again and again.
Should I keep going Again and and again.
Well you get the point .
Practice practice practice

And when the weather gets better you can go up on the mountain or to the desert .
Or what ever and practice.lol take a friend though.
Just in case you shoot your self LOL

LOT of the indoor range around the Seattle area.
Will teach you BASICS
Then want you to move up to the next class then the next class.
And with every class you move up
THEY CHARGE YOU MORE MONEY
That's fine but you can do practice on your own.
And all you need to do is buy ammo.
If you have freinds that like to shoot also.
Just make it a day with friends

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads