JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone! I am writing a comparison/contrast essay for my college english class on double action versus single action pistols. I need body paragraphs and was thinking of doing them on mechanical difference, concealed carry difference, and target shooting difference. Obviously the mechanical difference is a no brainer. I am, however having trouble with the other two paragraphs. So far I was gonna mention the slow reload speed of single action revolvers and the ability to carry cocked and locked for single action as a part of the carry paragraph. For the target shooting one I only have the generally lighter trigger pull of the single. Does anyone have any other ideas? thanks

If you write on that subject for a UW class (or many other colleges in King County) you are mostly likely going to get a bad grade. Not for the writing quality, but the subject matter.

Good luck. Let me know your grade. Might want to put a BS disclaimer about violence, .etc in the first sentence. Pitch it as a "safety discussion" document.

If you pitch the safety aspect, you could write about the different aspects of carrying. IWB, OWB, Cocked and locked vs chambered, verses loaded mag, etc. Could even branch into the different holster types, those that cover the trigger vs those that don't and the pro's and cons thereof.
just my .02

Whatever the subject stick to the scope of your subject and do not waiver outside. As A2 said, you're probably not going to get a good grade because most professor's are liberals and they can't separate their moral and ethical views and be objective, they'll spout off all day long how they are objective, but my experience having been through college is they will punish you for not thinking like them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews