Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Need help making a part to attach my 203.

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by Wylieciote, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Wylieciote

Wylieciote Portland, OR New Member

Is there anyone out there that can help me make a piece that will allow me to attach my M203 to my AR15 rail system. I have the Surefire handguard rails and need someone who is good at working with metal and can make a piece that will attach to the rail. I know im not being very clear but if you think you can help please get ahold of me and I can send pics of what Im dealing with and maybe get together and figure it out. Thanks!!!

2. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

Do you have an M4 Barrel?????

3. Wylieciote

I do have an M4 barrel.

4. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

I doubt that it will work because your rail system is in the way. The 203 should just clamp onto the barrel notch. Good luck!

5. Wylieciote

I know how to fix it, Im just not a machinist or welder, plus I dont have the materials to do it. So if there are any machinists or welders out there that can help please let me know.

Thanks!

6. Ding

Ding Lighter Side of Oz Active Member

you looking for a "clamp" type piece to clamp your 203 to the rail system or the notched sheet metal hand guard retainer at the bottom lower front

7. Wylieciote

Ding,

I believe I am looking for a clamp type piece to attach the 203 to the rail system. Im going to take some pics of the gun and post them. Im just having a hard time trying to think of the correct terminology to describe what Im looking for.

I think we are on the right track though.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  8. Ding

Ding Lighter Side of Oz Active Member

OK I think I get ya, so you need a clamp to clamp on the 203 AND clamp to the rail system.Sort of a dual clamp.

is this what ya are talking about?.it has the modern M-4 rails/barrel,clamps to barrel and rail bottom.you may have the old style 203,clamp and lock.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/M4andM203.jpg

9. Wylieciote

Thanks Ding for the help.