JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I strongly suggest the 3rd Gen Glock 27 and here is why:

Size versus power is outstanding.
You can put in a 9mm barrel for $105 plus mag cost and use 9mm mags. (Better than going with the Glock 26 because the 9mm barrel on the 40 has far more forward heft to it. "More Metal in the barrel" helps for more stable shooting.)
You can also ad a .22lr upper to it nicely
3 Guns in one for a reasonable price.

Mine is set up that way and I use the Pierce plus 2 extensions but I don't use them for the 9mm version ... so I can tell in the dark which mag I have in and which barrel.

They all switch out very quickly and easily. They all work in the same holster.

I always prefer an all metal gun and don't particularly like the feel of the trigger break on the Glocks ...
however they are reliable and I shoot well with them and the break is a matter of feel versus function.

It is a mature platform but there were some changes in the 4th Gen that I forgot. (I do know the 4th Gen uses a different .22 Upper slide system tho)

I have all 3 ... a 27 w/40, 9mm, .22

I don't really like the trigger on Glocks so that allows me a lot of trigger time cheaply.

Is that versatility limited to the 3rd Gen only, please?

If you're gonna buy a mid sized Glock IMO it's always better to buy a 40.. you can easily convert them to 9MM but the reverse is not so if you buy a 9MM

The OP asked about small carry options, the glocks are not that small. The Beretta Nano is. Go to Youtube and look at the reviews

I ordered the XDs 9 as soon as it was listed but haven't seen it yet. I have never seen the Nano or Shield. The 938 is quite spendy. I just sold my Glock 19. I like to carry hot so I would like to have an external safety or DA/SA. I wish I could shoot a couple mags through the Kahr. Thanks for all the in put it does help and I am still looking.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top