JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to figure out how to get my Keymod covers to match the rest of my furniture, and have some issues.

I don't know how heat-tolerant BCM's plastic is, so I'd be reluctant to throw 'em in the oven even if I had one. Have no airbrushing resources available, so it's looking like Spray Can time, and I need to find something to match FAB Defense OD Green, or at least Industry Standard OD.

Question is, can anyone suggest a solution that works for my lack of available tools even if I have to spray a clearcoat on top, or do we have any Pro Smith members who have this kind of thing in their wheelhouse that might be able to do a low-temp Cerakote, and if so what should I expect to pay for doing fifteen individual around 1/2"x6" strips?

Duracoat is super simple / no bake.

Cerakote or Brownells DuraBake for 1/2" x 6" strips can be baked in a toaster over in your garage. I haven't done any BCM gear, but I've done a few magpul mags, and a few magpul stocks with Durabake. The instructions (I don't have them here in front of me) specify a slightly lower baking temp with a longer time.

Just to toss in another datum... one guy with a similar thread at ARFCOM *shudder* had it suggested that he consider good ol' Testors OD spray model-paint.

Distributor tech-rep suggested that for Cerakote colors, Noveske Bazooka Green or Foliage Green looked about closest to his eye, not having product sample in front of him.

If it helps, here's what I'm trying to match:
image_ag-43_3d_od_4.jpg

Your Local Hobby store will have Testors Model master paints in acrylic that can be sprayed or brushed on really nice and then clear coated in a flat for additional build if desired! It is a some what tough finish, but it will eventually chip! A Dye might be a better option, but I do not know where to go for that!

@Ura-Ki As a recovering modeler, I'm very familiar with Testors. :) (Dropped back out because of getting cross-threaded with a clique of B*tchy Little Girls in the local modeling community and the fact that my old favorite shop is one of their favorite places to hang out. :( )

For dyes, it'd probably be Rit from Walbarf and checking the (ugh) GunMagScamhouse blog on dyeing mags to try to find the right color...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top