JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would kill (kittens) for Comcast. I would kill (puppies) for FiOS.

I have 3.5 mbps long distance WiFi for my internet here on the mountain, and I can't get satellite because it is 120+ yards to the edge of my property where I can get a view of the satellite, and that cable run is too long for the amp in the dish to power the signal.

I would kill (kittens) for Comcast. I would kill (puppies) for FiOS.

I have 3.5 mbps long distance WiFi for my internet here on the mountain, and I can't get satellite because it is 120+ yards to the edge of my property where I can get a view of the satellite, and that cable run is too long for the amp in the dish to power the signal.

They make signsl boosters to go inline. We used them all the time when i ran a ton of tvs off one signal.

They make signsl boosters to go inline. We used them all the time when i ran a ton of tvs off one signal.

I've been digging into this for a while now and I have not found a way for anybody to get the signal that far, as it is, to get 300' they would probably need a booster, to get farther I don't think there is a way. I do have a shop there close to the edge, with power, but not sure what would/could help get it the 100+ yards from the shop to my home. I have not really found anybody that is a pro to say yay or nay - the people in stores are just salespeople who don't know their anal orifice from a hole in the ground - last week they were working as a cashier and then got promoted to selling satellite TV service (every time I go in to a store I see someone different selling).

i wish i could just pay for the channels i want. i only watch a few channels regularly. i dont need 900 channels where 890 of them i disregard

That is the result of Gov. Regulation. MANY if not most who have cable say the same thing. They don't need 100's of channels they never watch. Problem is without forcing people to take them a LOT of them would go under. So they are protected with regulation. It as always has a lot of unintended consequences. This is directly responsible for a lot of the people who give up and "cut the cord".

That is the result of Gov. Regulation. MANY if not most who have cable say the same thing. They don't need 100's of channels they never watch. Problem is without forcing people to take them a LOT of them would go under. So they are protected with regulation. It as always has a lot of unintended consequences. This is directly responsible for a lot of the people who give up and "cut the cord".
Yup, ala carte programming. For years the providers kept promising it, and there are a few you can add. But the subscription fee for a half dozen channels would be the same as it is for 80 channels. That's how the economic model was set up.

There is another nice thing about the antenna. When you've scanned the channels, checked the online TV Guide, and there's nothing on?
You can still smile, 'cuz you know it ain't costing you a damned dime.
Few things used to pizz me off more than paying those buck$ to the CableCo every month, and half the time there was nothing on worth watching.

I've been digging into this for a while now and I have not found a way for anybody to get the signal that far, as it is, to get 300' they would probably need a booster, to get farther I don't think there is a way. I do have a shop there close to the edge, with power, but not sure what would/could help get it the 100+ yards from the shop to my home. I have not really found anybody that is a pro to say yay or nay - the people in stores are just salespeople who don't know their anal orifice from a hole in the ground - last week they were working as a cashier and then got promoted to selling satellite TV service (every time I go in to a store I see someone different selling).

There should be calculators that you can punch in your cable type and length of run plus how many splitters to get to db amplification you will need.

If you can't find one, while it has been a long time since I've done that kind of work pm me and I'll see what I can dig up for you.

Having a shop and power near the dish is a huge benefit and would make thing much easier to install.

Great so they hook up my internet but when I hooked up the router it didn't work.
After some tracing and searching found out my phone lines are all screwed up and half them dead head. So this afternoon I'll be adding a plug and fixing that.
But at least I'll have internet!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads