JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking of a 22-250 in like a remington 700.

Now I am open to other calibers, and other manufacturers/models. I was wondering what you guys recommended. Basically I plan to get the gun, put a good scope on it, target shoot, prairie dog hunt, and coyote hunt with it. I was looking for something that could reach out to 250-400 yards max. I am open to something that reaches out to less than 400 yards as well. I have a varmint AR15 in .223, a 10/22, and a .17 HMR already.

I was also looking for an excellent optic recommendation for the gun I want to get.

So lets do this, copy and paste these, and fill in under them.

Gun Manufacturer:

Gun Model:

Stock Finish:

Barrel Finish:

Barrel Construction (IE Heavy for Varmint):

Other key options the gun may have:

Recommended Caliber:

Recommended Optic:

Recommended optic power (zoom):

Recommended Optic Reticule type:

Thanks guys!

Got a howa/axiom in 243 just before christmas and love it but it needs two things a better scope(simmons pro 2.5-10x50 one I allready had)and two is the shooting sticks or bipod.On the rest to break in the barell and sight the scope it shot consistent piggybacks.

I have a dedicated varmint rig.

I have a Savage 12 BVSS in .22-250
it has a stainless heavy fluted barrel.
I put a Nikon 6-18x 40 scope on it and it seems to be a good setup for me.

With 55 gr Nosler ballistic tip and 35.5 gr Varget I can put 3 shots in 1 hole at 100 yards.
I picked the .22-250 for it's ballistics. I think that if I zero for 200, my max pbr is almost 300 yards.

Stock, out of the box rifle.

I like the dpms heavy stainless ar15 for the rats and coyotes and now I am getting one re bored to 6x45 so I can shoot it at deer too. It sure is nice to have 30 rounds in the mag when you are in the rat field and they are running all around.

i like my 257 wtby (i know a little big for varmit ) but load a 75 grner in that and its flies .. another i've been lookin into i've wanted for a few yrs is the 204 ruger ..Don

I considered that but figured that the gun is doing it's part just fine when I could consistently shoot 3 shot 1 hole groups @100 yards.

The part I haven't had much time or location to test is the true MPBR.
This will determine my ideal zero. If I zero at 200, I should be about 1 " high at 100 and 1.5" low at 250.

X2 for a 22-250. I have Remington 700 with a Pro Hunter 50 scope on it. Very nice looking gun and it is dead on at 300 yards. If you are ever in Vancouver PM and we can reach out touch something.

i like my 257 wtby (i know a little big for varmit ) but load a 75 grner in that and its flies .. another i've been lookin into i've wanted for a few yrs is the 204 ruger ..Don

I will be listing a 204 ruger later on tonight or tomorrow.

M77 Mark II BSA Platinum 6-24X44 and if you want all the extras it will come with for the right price 300 bullets 126 loaded rounds 200 pieces of new unopened Winchester brass, 2 lbs. of powder, possibly a tall harris bipod as well.

for the record, if your thinking of coyote and smaller, and out to 500-600 yards this is about as flight a flying round as it gets, and only 12% less energy at 500 yards then a 22-250.

food for thought... :s0155:

I ordered the Winchester 70 Coyote Light in 22-250! I also got a Leupold 4x12-40 Mark AR scope for it. I am gonna get it, have it glass bedded, and have the optic mounted next week.

I run a Ruger M77 mark II with a Leupold 6-18x40 with a Timney trigger. I have been loading the Barns 36gr. varmont grenades & have been VERY inpressed. Flat shooting & alot of damage.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top