JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently ordered a Mark III tactical ACOG style scope with a small DDAB red dot mounted on top. It would not zero even at 100 yards. I contacted the company and was told to send it in. They were very fast and courteous.

I received a new red dot and it will also not zero. They told me that I would have to tilt the scope mount to the side to get it to work. No success.

I then mounted the red dot on my PS90 just to see if I was crazy. Nope, the dot would not even zero on a flat rail at 100 yards. Looking through the dot window with a flat elevation (directly behind it) I cannot even see the dot. I have to tilt my head down to the right - the dot is sky high to the left at its lowest and farthest right setting. Lets just say I'm disappointed.

I will be contacting them again to request that they actually check to make sure the sight they send me is of passable quality.

3 stars for service. That might change in the future.

Well you are incorrect. Just have a look at their website.

NcStar designs its optics to be used on real rifles. Not intended for airsoft guns. I think people caught onto them in that market because of the low cost.

Last time I checked airsoft scopes didn't have a bullet drop compensator for a .223 built into them either....

Their product is VERY hit or miss. but the lifetime warranty makes it a moot point. I've had fair success with their fixed power scopes. They're cheap so are good for back-up optics in case your primary fails.

Like I said, the scope is decent quality and seems to work great. The dot they sent me as a replacement is still horrible. Here's the kicker:

I've sent 2 emails about the defective replacement they sent me with no response. Both emails were sent to a Mathew that answered my emails originally. Ill try once more to a generic address and then Im done with them.

So it sounds like their customer service is great, the product is just crap.

Well the only way to make a product cheeper is to use cheeper labor (lower quality) or cheeper materials (lower quality) or both. How do you make a quality product with cheep parts and labor?

How can it be "decent quality and seems to work great" if you are having problems getting it to work right? I don't understand.

buy once cry once. Every NC star scope I have ever handled told me to put it down and walk away. Saving up a bit more for a decent scope is the only way to go IMO. You get what you pay for. If you don't pay much, don't expect much. Even if the CS is ok, its still not worth the headache of not having a working weapon system. NC Star scopes are not proper optics for real guns. I think they are a company that preys on people that lack knowledge about optics and get oooh'd and ahh'd by "features" at unbelievable prices. Just cut your losses and get something that is proven to work.

Primary Arms - For Optics Accessories & More | Weapons Optics | Firearm Supplies

These guys are waay over priced on their eotech stuff almost 40 bucks over on some of it.

I think he was pointing out their inexpensive but proven to work aimpoint clones and 1-4x scopes. Yeah they are cheap, but they do what they say they will and have been tested quite a bit by various endusers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top