JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have to deal with these guys, and if so, what's the best way to get through? I have a 403 RDS on my Mini 14, it has the "shake awake" feature, it's supposed to go to sleep when it's still, then turn on as soon as it's moved. Mine comes on fine, but apparently, it's not shutting off, I've only had it about a year, and I've already had to replace the battery twice. Needless to say, I'm not getting anywhere near the claimed 50,000 hour battery life :mad:. And it's not like it's bouncing around in the back of my truck, it's normally in the corner of my closet as a HD long gun. Kind of sucks to have a sighting system that's dead when you need it!

Anyway, I emailed them last week, haven't received so much as an automated response. Any tips on expediting the process would be much appreciated, thanks.

Dave

I have had a similar experience.

I recently purchased a Holosun sight and had trouble mounting it on the firearm. The sight had a built in base for a picatinny rail.
I called Holosun and they asked me to send them info and photos, and I did so around April 21 or so.

Later I took the firearm to a gunsmith in see if he could mount the sight. It turned out it was not possible on my particular gun so I can't say the sight was at fault. However, I would have liked to get some sort of reply from Holosun. I think the sight is great. However, this experience makes me wonder about their customer service.
The good news for you is that they did answer the phone when I called them. So in your case maybe a phone call will work.

Thanks. Still haven't heard anything, but now there's a new wrinkle. Set it up yesterday in a gun vise, changed the battery and the auto shut-off time, then left it. Sure enough, it shut off after an hour, just like it was supposed to. Previously, it was at the factory default of 8 hours, but I still don't think it should be eating batteries so fast. I previously owned a PA RDS, very similar to this one, most folks figured Holosun was making them for PA. Had it on an AR for about a year, that was constantly on, I never had to replace a battery. I'm starting to wonder if the "shake awake" circuitry is sucking up current, there had to be something ON for it to register movement/vibration. I can disable that feature, but then I have to manually turn on the sight, or leave it on all the time, like I did the PA version. Guess I'll try giving Holosun a call next week. More later.

Dave

All 2032 batteries are lithium. Not the first time I've heard of the shake awake feature failing.

I re-read my earlier comment regarding my experience with the Holosun company. I forgot to tell you that after I sent them the email with photos, I didn't hear anything from them. I still haven't.

It won't be long before the holosun fanboys come out to play :cool:. I had a holosun shake awake model quit shaking awake and it actually cost me an opportunity to harvest a deer. Anyway, I found a rma form to fill out on their website and submitted it but did not hear squat back. I finally called them and they had me email [email protected] and have the rma form sent to my email to fill out and send back. After all those hoops they tell me I have to deal with primary arms on it because it has their proprietary reticle. :mad: So after a similar set of hoops, I finally get a rma # from PA. This all took a month but I did get it back and so far so good. Shipping to them was on my dime and I was never reimbursed. Will I buy another holosun optic? Maybe depending how this one holds up long term but never for a weapon I am going to stake my life on.

I was very tempted on a couple Holosun's but, ended up going with Vortex. Glad I did because every Vortex I've ever owned has had no issues! I guess I will just stay with what I know.:D

I hope you get a satisfactory solution.:s0155:

Anyone have to deal with these guys, and if so, what's the best way to get through? I have a 403 RDS on my Mini 14, it has the "shake awake" feature, it's supposed to go to sleep when it's still, then turn on as soon as it's moved. Mine comes on fine, but apparently, it's not shutting off, I've only had it about a year, and I've already had to replace the battery twice. Needless to say, I'm not getting anywhere near the claimed 50,000 hour battery life :mad:. And it's not like it's bouncing around in the back of my truck, it's normally in the corner of my closet as a HD long gun. Kind of sucks to have a sighting system that's dead when you need it!

Anyway, I emailed them last week, haven't received so much as an automated response. Any tips on expediting the process would be much appreciated, thanks.

Dave

You should call them. I had a different issue with my 510C related to the shake-awake and about 5 minutes on the phone with them cleared it up. All good now!

Phone: 909-594-2888

Good luck.

I have sent 2 different sights in for warranty repair. Both are sights that came on an upper and Glock slide that I bought so they were each used. Both after a short time of my ownership failed (read into that what you will) I went to the Holosun website an filled out their warranty repair request and in each instance received a shipping label from them within about 48 hours or so. I sent them back and I believe they were both replaced. My problems were with a 507C (failed after battery change-wouldn't come back on) 403B (failed after battery change-brightness would not adjust at all).
My sights are both older models but I'm no fan but they did service my optics no questions asked.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top