JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kerry Lied: National Gun Registration Is Part of the UN Small Arms Treaty

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/01/k...-registration-will-part-un-small-arms-treaty/

Ever since September 2013, the day Secretary of State John Kerry signed the United Nations Small Arms Treaty, I have been bothered by the complete disingenuous concern he presented and outright lies he told to those gathered to witness the signing, and the American people. Here's the video of the signing and his remarks.
The first thing I thought of was that this is a former senator who is signing a three inch document, which I'm sure he has never read. This is the disingenuous part of what he is doing.
Second, in discussing what the treaty is not, he declares "This treaty will not diminish anyone's freedom. In fact, the treaty recognizes the freedom of both individuals and states to obtain, possess, and use arms for legitimate purposes. Make no mistake, we would never think about supporting a treaty that is inconsistent with the rights of Americans … to be able to exercise their guaranteed rights under our constitution."

I would have to ask him for the specific citation on the specific page for how he can claim these things. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to do it.
However, in January, William F. Jasper wrote at The New American:
The UN Arms Trade Treaty was written in secret by the Obama/Hillary Clinton State Department, along with Russia, China, France and Britain. Not exactly a lineup of champions of liberty. What does it actually say?

Article 2 defines the conventional arms covered, which include battle tanks, artillery systems, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, missiles — and "small arms and light weapons."

Article 3 of the treaty places UN prohibitions on "ammunition/munitions fired, launched or delivered by the conventional arms covered under Article 2."

Article 4 puts all "parts and components" of weapons within the scheme.

Several places in the treaty text, including Article 5, require all countries to "establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list." Moreover, it declares, "Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms."

Article 5, Section 4 says each State Party "shall provide its national control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties." Which means our federal government will provide the guns and ammo registration list to the UN, which will provide it to Russia, China, Cuba — any and every State Party that wants it.

Do you get that? There's a national control list. We might reference it as a national gun registration list. This will not only be provided to the federal government, something they have been given no authority over, but will also be provided to our enemies abroad, including the United Nations (Yes, friends, I do not consider the UN to be the friend of the United States).
Kerry has insisted that this treaty is about "keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorists and rogue actors."

"This is about reducing the risk of international transfers of conventional arms that will be used to carry out the world's worst crimes," Kerry added. "This is about keeping Americans safe and keeping America strong. And this is about promoting international peace and global security."
Ask yourself this question, "Do you believe John Kerry?" Furthermore, do you believe Barack Obama after all his lies? How about Hillary Clinton?

If you are among those who want to support the Obama administration at every turn, I ask you, if this is about keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorists and rogue actors, why has the Obama administration funneledmoney and weapons to our enemies abroad? Let me ask you an even more disturbing question, in the Obama administration, who is considered terrorists? Who are the rogue actors? Any answers will have to deal with the documentation that this administration has put out and the results are that the terrorists are patriotic Americans, which can only mean one thing: They are after your guns.
Finally, don't forget that the push is on for microstamping of ammunition (recall Article 3 above). Despite their claims, they are looking to control the flow of ammunition.
For more on what this has looked like in history, I highly recommend Stephen P. Halbrook's excellent work Gun Control in the Third Reich: Disarming the Jews and "Enemies of the State."

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Yep, it's been there all along but most people didn't believe it!!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
NRA Recruiter
Defender of Freedom Award
Washington Arms Collector Member
Vancouver Rifle & Pistol Club member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

The "list" is of government owned firearms, and possibly firearms manufactured.

Show me in the definition of the "list" where it specifies that privately owned (by citizens) firearms must be included and I will be convinced.

Beyond that, no treaty is binding until approved by congress.

The "list" is of government owned firearms, and possibly firearms manufactured.

Show me in the definition of the "list" where it specifies that privately owned (by citizens) firearms must be included and I will be convinced.

Beyond that, no treaty is binding until approved by congress.

Agreed.

The treaty's purpose is to control the illicit international gun trade by governments, not the NWF classifieds.

Kerry lied . . . You're kidding, right!?!?!?!?!
The ability and willingness to lie is the primary qualification to work for the emperor . . .

Sheldon

There is no treaty unless its ratified by the senate.

Might as well be reporting "AWESOME! OBAMA CARE REPEALLED BY US HOUSE"

Same thing, don't mean shyt.

Last Edited:
Kerry Lied: National Gun Registration Is Part of the UN Small Arms Treaty

Several places in the treaty text, including Article 5, require all countries to "establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list." Moreover, it declares, "Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the broadest range of conventional arms."

Article 5, Section 4 says each State Party "shall provide its national control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties." Which means our federal government will provide the guns and ammo registration list to the UN, which will provide it to Russia, China, Cuba — any and every State Party that wants it.

While I don't believe and/or trust the UN, Kerry, Obama or any Clinton or put any diabolical plan past them and their ilk and while parts of the treaty aren't fully explained and are vague, I believe that the and "control list" means the list of controls put in place by this treaty, see below
Article 5 General Implementation said:
2. Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system, including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty.
The treaty on page 7 does mention record keeping, emphasis mine. So this part is subject to our laws and regulations, which we don't have any official national list of gun owners.
Article 12 Record Keeping said:
1. Each State Party shall maintain national records, pursuant to its laws and regulations, of its issuance export authorizations or its actual exports of the conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1).

Other pertinent quotes, emphasis mine ……

Preamble said:
Reaffirming the sovereign right of any State to regulate and control conventional arms exclusively within its territory, pursuant to its own legal or constitutional system,
Preamble said:
Mindful of the legitimate trade and lawful ownership, and use of certain conventional arms for recreational, cultural, historical, and sporting activities, where such trade, ownership and use are permitted or protected by law,

Article 7 Export and Export Assessment said:
6. Each exporting State Party shall make available appropriate information about the authorization in question, upon request, to the importing State Party and to the transit or trans-shipment States Parties, subject to its national laws, practices or policies.
While I do believe that the UN would love to disarm us and may try it by amending this treaty in the future, I think we are safe for the present time. As many have pointed out we haven't ratified it yet and may never, also the Supreme Court affirms that the US Constitution triumphs international treaties in Reid v. Covert (1957).

Ray

Last Edited:
Treaty don't mean jack squat if it ain't ratified.

This is true. However, once proposed (that is, signed by the Secretary of State), treaties have a nasty habit of staying on the Senate's docket forever, until they are either ratified or rejected. For example, look at the Law of the Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_on_the_Law_of_the_Sea).

This treaty has been in force (internationally) since 1994, but the U.S. (wisely, in my personal opinion) never signed the accord--even though the U.S. negotiated the details during the Nixon/Ford/Carter administrations). The U.S. has not signed the agreement, but has accepted most of its contents.

Here is the deal: The treaty is one signature away from acceptance, and then one vote away from approval. It has been hanging around Washington D.C. like an unwelcome relative since the time of Reagan, and just won't go away. Fortunately, a significant minority (all Republicans, BTW) in the Senate refuse to consider the treaty, so it never makes it to the podium.

My point? The Small Arms Convention is no different than the Law of the Seas Treaty. A super-majority of sell-outs in the Senate could ratify either in a heartbeat. Elections matter, folks.

Don't see why it's a problem. After all, I'm sure the Islamic State will be the first to hand over their list of arms as well as the names of all individuals. Of course, if you believe that, I've got a soup sandwich to sell you!

I am very please that the other countries know what kind of fire power that I owned. They need to know and understand that I and my family will fight them if they try to come to take over United States.

I am very please that the other countries know what kind of fire power that I owned. They need to know and understand that I and my family will fight them if they try to come to take over United States.

No country that the means to even make a serious attempt at a takeover of the USA, wants to take over the USA.

We are much more valuable to those countries as a consumer of their goods and services.

For any politician

If they told the truth, they would not get elected, and their career as a politician would be over.

By definition, politician equals liar.

Kerry's lies are worse than most and have been a staple of his public career - all the way back to putting himself in for medals he didn't earn and famously lying about atrocities in Vietnam he made up that threw decent US troops under the bus. His lies are single handedly responsible for thousands of returning troops being spit upon and called baby killers.

Kerry's lies are worse than most and have been a staple of his public career - all the way back to putting himself in for medals he didn't earn and famously lying about atrocities in Vietnam he made up that threw decent US troops under the bus. His lies are single handedly responsible for thousands of returning troops being spit upon and called baby killers.

Yeah and he avoided putting himself in harms way in Nam.
He is a damned coward and POS just like his Boss.

@M0L0NL4BE: Kerry has already signed the #UNATT Please call/fax/email your US Senators to de-ratify it immediately #2A @NRA

<broken link removed>

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425541138.799277.jpg

@M0L0NL4BE: Kerry has already signed the #UNATT Please call/fax/email your US Senators to de-ratify it immediately #2A @NRA

<broken link removed>

View attachment 214759
Show me the text where this is stated in the treaty:

http://www.un.org/disarmament/ATT/docs/ATT_text_(As_adopted_by_the_GA)-E.pdf

I do not see this in article V:

Article 5

General Implementation

1. Each State Party shall implement this Treaty in a consistent, objective and

non-discriminatory manner, bearing in mind the principles referred to in this Treaty.

2. Each State Party shall establish and maintain a national control system,

including a national control list, in order to implement the provisions of this Treaty.

3. Each State Party is encouraged to apply the provisions of this Treaty to the

broadest range of conventional arms. National definitions of any of the categories

covered under Article 2 (1) (a)-(g) shall not cover less than the descriptions used in

the United Nations Register of Conventional Arms at the time of entry into force of

this Treaty. For the category covered under Article 2 (1) (h), national definitions

shall not cover less than the descriptions used in relevant United Nations

instruments at the time of entry into force of this Treaty.

4. Each State Party, pursuant to its national laws, shall provide its national

control list to the Secretariat, which shall make it available to other States Parties.

States Parties are encouraged to make their control lists publicly available.

A/CONF.217/2013/L.3

13-27217 5

5. Each State Party shall take measures necessary to implement the provisions of

this Treaty and shall designate competent national authorities in order to have an

effective and transparent national control system regulating the transfer of

conventional arms covered under Article 2 (1) and of items covered under Article 3

and Article 4.

6. Each State Party shall designate one or more national points of contact to

exchange information on matters related to the implementation of this Treaty. Each

State Party shall notify the Secretariat, established under Article 18, of its national

point(s) of contact and keep the information updated.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top