Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

N.Y. Man Arrested for Gun Violation in NY — His Offense? Two Extra Bullets

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by gonefishinagain, May 13, 2013.

1. gonefishinagain

gonefishinagain Vancouver, WA Member

2. chase

chase Wilsonville, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That is BS!

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

Such a stupid law.

4. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

Yup, Ya live or visit a Lib nanny state, they'll do their best to, "nanny-ize" you...........................:wow:

5. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

The stock hangun photo looks like it might be running 7.62s:) Wonder how much tax payer cash is going into those 2 rounds? They probably have a barrel started like the one the TSA has for nail clippers.

6. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

The cops who made the arrest, are quite frankly, b1tches.

7. mortar maggot

mortar maggot western wa Active Member

Yep all "real" crime is done in NY, so time to go after gunowners I guess.
    Sadly this guy will most likely get some jail time.

IF he gets some real good attorney, there is a slight chance of jury nullification, but doubtful

8. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Why? He was a legal licensed gun owner that should have known better.
    I have no sympathy for NY citizens. They have been voting democrat for ever and they deserve what they got.
    This wasn't just an over night problem,see they put Bloombut in office

Stupid law or not,it is the law and if you get caught,then this is what happens.

9. rodell

rodell Newcastle, WA Active Member

In fairness to NY'ers, it is another place where the city votes rule a good portion of the legislature. When I was a NY resident I wished for New York and Long Island to secede. They won't, of course, too much money goes downstate.

It's a case where it's ok to infringe individual rights at the 51% voting mark.

10. mjbskwim

The east coast is union.
    Unions tell the members to vote demo
    Period

OLDNEWBIE and (deleted member) like this.
  11. USMC1911

USMC1911 Salem Active Member

I hate when unions all get lumped into the same category. Not all unions are state employee unions eating at the taxpayer trough...

12. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

If this gun owner voted for nanny state politicians or strictly pro-union over individual liberty then serves him right!
    If he's been voting against this sort of thing over the years then too bad! New York didn't get this way overnight. Get
    out or follow the law.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

He was also driving with a suspended license. That makes the officer who stopped him not a happy camper. I wonder if they would have charged with with the two extra rounds if he was clean and polite?

14. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

15. mjbskwim

Not all unions are state/government employees. But most all unions tell their members to vote democrat.
    That's who pushes the money through for the projects.

16. Darknight

Darknight Salem Active Member

Unions here in Oregon tell us memebers how we should vote as well. I sure as he** don't vote democrat.

17. Leif Runenritzer

Leif Runenritzer Kernilyis Active Member

If i may make an analogy, say a woman breaks one of her husband's ever-changing, arbitrary rules and gets slapped. Abusive or not, that's the rules, and if she gets caught, that's what she gets. She should vote to divorce him in favor of an ostensibly less abusive husband during her next match-making cycle, and convince her fellow clansfolk to vote her way as well (everyone gets a say). If she doesn't get a different abusive husband, that's the just desert for her and her fellow clanswomen who've been brainwashed since childhood into believing they'd be lost without a man's correction. I'm glad husbands tend to be less severe (yet still abusive) in my clan.

18. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Unions make up a small demographic if the US labor force, including public unions. There are many more folks living off the government dole that need to share the blame too.

I'm not sure about East Coast unions, but on the bright side here in Portland, IBEW48 is 45% Democrat, 45% Republican and 10% Independent, more or less.

Back on topic, this case is the perfect example of why we should fear this incremental criminalization of gun ownership. You wake up one day and you become an instant felon for owning a single action .22 revolver.

Keith

19. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Well its a good thing we don't judge a person as fit to own a firearm by his looks. I generally look just like this after a day running large conduit on a hot roof.

Keith